PDA

View Full Version : Crash

canadianbudz604
01-03-2013, 12:33 AM
So after almost a year of success with my tank and not having one thing die I added a full unit of chemi pure elite on Boxing Day and the next day, everything closed up cyano starting glass turned yellow over half the corals closed up, fml. I haven't added anything else at all. I've been Changing a gallon a day with do water. **** me off I threw the chemi pure out the window of my room what else can I do

waynemah
01-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Did you rinse the Chemi Pure before you used it? Was it in a reactor or media bag? I'd try and do a good 50% water change every few days until it clears up.

Switch Blade
01-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Yeh how much did you rinse it? I been using chemi pure for a while and today for the first time Im trying out chemi pure elite. I rinse my unit till most of the black and brown coloring gets out. I have been told its good to wash your carbon but not overly wash it. So far after putting the elite in this afternoon, nothing bad has happened yet. Knock on wood

canadianbudz604
01-03-2013, 01:25 AM
I rinsed it fairly well, just so most of the black was gone. Chemi pure is a good product I'm not knocking it but its the only thing I can think of that did it. I haven't used it before did it shock the tank or something. I don't know what's going on I tested my ro water from culligan tds meter was 3. Params are: nitrite 0, nitrate 5ppm (normal), ammonia 0, calcium 420, no phos I don't get it

11purewater
01-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Can we see a picture or two of the set up?

canadianbudz604
01-03-2013, 01:31 AM
It was in a media bag in my aquaclear 70. Toadstool no polyps, Kenya tree withered and grey, sinularias shrink and closed, but palys are fine and forest red digi seems fine anemone is fine I don't get ahhhhhhhh

lockrookie
01-03-2013, 02:10 AM
Toadstools can do that so can the Kenya trees its not a crash just give it a few days all will be happy again

canadianbudz604
01-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Still no change in the Kenya tree or toadstool or sinularias, glass is still Getting covered in yellow/green dust overnight. But the 3 sps I'm the tank look fine? Are the softies killing each other?