PDA

View Full Version : Vertex RO/DI Shut off Solenoid failure

Jason McK
01-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Anyone experience the Solenoid fail. It fails in the closed position so I can not produce water without taking it out of the loop and then I have to be careful because there is no auto shut off. Anyone know where I can find a replacment

Thanks
J

gregzz4
01-02-2013, 11:29 PM
If it helps, I use a float shut-off in my drum
This works great with an inline check valve and an auto shut off valve

It's all mechanical

BlueTang<3
01-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Had a few parts fail on them never this tho, I have a spare parts unit in the basement it's used but if u need u can have it just pay shipping.

Jason McK
01-03-2013, 12:05 AM
thanks all,
I'll try and work with the Retail shop and if they can not help I might just invest in a new one. It is 4 years old likely time to replace the RO anyway

gregzz4
01-03-2013, 12:10 AM
One more 'other' option :smile:

J&L Kent Marine shutoff valve kit (http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/ro-kpfshut/Kent+Marine+Shutoff+Valve+Kit+for+RO+Filters.html)

It comes with a mechanical solenoid

Jason McK
01-03-2013, 12:25 AM
One more 'other' option :smile:

J&L Kent Marine shutoff valve kit (http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/ro-kpfshut/Kent+Marine+Shutoff+Valve+Kit+for+RO+Filters.html)

It comes with a mechanical solenoid

Brilliant, Thanks

albert_dao
01-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Don't use shutoff kits with the Vertex unit. You will screw around with the controller settings.

Just ask your retailer for a new solenoid.

Is it the high pressure (blockish looking one underneath the membrane canister) or the low pressure solenoid (round ones, should be two of them) that's not tripping?

Jason McK
01-03-2013, 12:30 AM
it's a round one mounted behind the carbon filter. below the frame.

Thanks Albert I forgot about the controller. I've e-mailed the Retailer not that long ago.

gregzz4
01-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Don't use shutoff kits with the Vertex unit. You will screw around with the controller settings.

Just ask your retailer for a new solenoid.

Is it the high pressure (blockish looking one underneath the membrane canister) or the low pressure solenoid (round ones, should be two of them) that's not tripping?
Good to know
Mine is controller-less so had no idea