PDA

View Full Version : best option for payment

Mike de Leon
01-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Hello fellow reefers! What is the best safest way of paying for goods bought from here? I have been burned a few times and am very reluctant to buy by EMT.

lockrookie
01-02-2013, 09:43 PM
PayPal, EMT, cash, first and second born... They all work and are safe

eli@fijireefrock.com
01-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Hello fellow reefers! What is the best safest way of paying for goods bought from here? I have been burned a few times and am very reluctant to buy by EMT.

What most of us do or at least what I do is
transfer of information on the purchase between purchaser and buyer.
Always try to find out about the seller through their older posts(interactions with others,what has been sold,bought,how often on Canreef and if seller has any friends) ...Feels safer and ease of mind when I EMT someone plus if anythings goes wrong with the transaction I don't feel stupid for not doing my homework
Always be weary of sellers with no or little post..

Werbo
01-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Always be weary of sellers with no or little post..
Key point. Especially if the deal seems too good to be true.

The Grizz
01-02-2013, 11:27 PM
As a seller I have used Canada post collect a few times & it worked good.

Blink
01-02-2013, 11:57 PM
I typically don't worry too much if it's a low amount and the seller is a known member/been around for a while.
If it's more than my breaking point and/or a new/unknown member then it's paypal with as much disclosure as possible, at least they offer SOME protection as long as the money isn't sent as a gift.

Wayne
01-03-2013, 12:21 AM
I always pay cash, I haven't met a reefer yet thats held me up... But there is always that possibility. EMail Money Transfers scare me. I did it once and it worked out but I wish there was a buy/sell star rating for each person like on Ebay...

Blink
01-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Cash is king, but often times the drygoods and hardware deals on here aren't local.

Doug
01-03-2013, 01:24 AM
E-mail transfer works quick & easy. Never had a problem, but I usually follow what Eli said. Also have PayPal but dont seem to use it as much.