PDA

View Full Version : LF: 150 gallon, 4'x16" sump, skimmer, LED light, calcium reactor, etc.

lordoftheswarms
01-02-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm wanting to get into the hobby.

I'm looking for 150 gallon, sump, skimmer, LED light, calcium reactor, power heads, etc. I'll build the stand myself.

I live in Edmonton, but I'm willing to pay for shipping for the right equipment, for the right price. Also, I can pick up stuff around town.
Thanks.
Adam

roper
01-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Hey. I ve got a brand new in box asm g4 plus skimmer rated for up to 300 gallons $300. I ve also got 2 400 watt sunlight supply lumen max 2 pendants. Brand new in boxes with some hamilton used ballasts. $250. Text me if interested. 604 897 5222. Thx

Aysha
01-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Quite the undertaking Adam,
Welcome to the world of marine fish keeping! It is one of the most frustrating and rewarding habits I have ever had :)

Best advice is to start with a full setup from a tank shut down. If you don't know exactly what you need you'll end up with something not quite right for your system. Shut downs in the larger sizes happen quite often but be prepared to pay for the privilege.

If you are very specific in the size of tank you want you may want to consider getting one built. When I first built my tank, (I'm on my second now) I found my inbox flooded with stuff I didn't need because I had no idea what I wanted.

For my second tank I bought a near complete setup for cheap (relatively speaking) That had almost everything I needed to get off the ground just add rock and fish.

I spent about 2k setting up this tank used, If I had paid anywhere near retail the cost would be closer to 5k. (I needed a break from reptiles too! this was the next logical step)

On a side note Lyndsy had a big tank for sale a few months ago, I'm not sure if she still has it tho she's Flash on the forum you know her as Bean.

There are many members here happy to help.

lordoftheswarms
01-04-2013, 03:44 AM
This is the tip of the iceberg. I've got a greenhouse going up at the same time.

I have a pretty good idea of what I need so far. I've been reading a lot, and looking at other builds.
I've been looking at getting some of the stuff used, but I can have my work set up a commercial account with a distributor or manufacturer, and get acrylic at cost + 10%, so I might do that instead. I'd like to build this 150 gallon tank, and the stand, as a trial run before building a massive 8'x2'x3'.

Thanks for the advice.

lordoftheswarms
01-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Decided to go with T5 HO instead of the LED.
Also, I guess if I want to keep it on the cheaper side, I shouldn't go with SPS, or clams, and so I won't need a Calcium Reactor.

purple tang
01-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Hello I have a 120 gallon wanna take it down if u interest call me at this number 780 964 9996 thanks

purple tang
01-04-2013, 05:39 AM
[QUOTE=lordoftheswarms;778326]I'm wanting to get into the hobby.

I'm looking for 150 gallon, sump, skimmer, LED light, calcium reactor, power heads, etc. I'll build the stand myself.

I live in Edmonton, but I'm willing to pay for shipping for the right equipment, for the right price. Also, I can pick up stuff around town.
Thanks.
Adam[/QUOT
Hello I'm thinking taken my 120gallon down if u are interest call me at this number 780 964 9996 thanks

Flash
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
HEY ADAM!!!! Welcome to the worlf of fish and corals... also pretty like geckos and orchids!!! (Bean - ERAS)