PDA

View Full Version : ditrivore kits

gotreef
01-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can order detrivore's for my sandbed in Canada or that ship to Canada. Thx.

FragIt Dan
01-01-2013, 04:12 PM
J&L aquatics, reef custodians packages or individual snails etc.

gotreef
01-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the reply but I was thinking more in the lines of animals under the sandbed ie., all pod's, worms, etc.

FragIt Dan
01-01-2013, 08:12 PM
You'll get pods and worms from some good live rock, if you want diverse 'goodness' you're best bet would be to siphon a cup or two of sand out of a friend's well established tank and release it into yours, but you might get some undesirables in there too. I have never seen a micro-fauna package or sand critters for sale on their own (other than starfish or snails etc).

gotreef
01-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah this seems to be the case. They're are a couple places in the states but they don't seem to ship to Canada. I think your suggestion might be my best bet. Thx.

mufflerfist
01-03-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm in the same boat as you you gotreef.... I live in Newfoundland so it's tough just to get good live rock... I'm starting an sps system with s DSB so i think i'll be doing a complete dry system (just from the lack of good live rock) si I to am looking for something to seed my DSB and tank...

SoloSK71
01-04-2013, 12:39 AM
There are a few places that will ship to Canada but without any kind of guarantees. The best bet so far is to get a couple of cups from an existing sand bed, some live rock "leftovers" from the bottom of a lsf live rock tank and taking a chance on summet delivery from the states.

Charles

gotreef
01-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah I got an e-mail from Inland Aquatics saying they would ship but since 9/11 and the possible flight delays they dont guarantee live arrival.