PDA

View Full Version : Who has orders from bulk reef supplies?

Phil
01-01-2013, 03:52 AM
Just wondering who has ordered from them and if u were charged duty on your order. I was ordering a bunch of stuff then the tax rate was like 13% at the check out so I sent them a email asking why. Also said free shipping but then said it would be almost 50 bucks. Then if u have to add duty on top off all that it's not really worth the savings.???

gregzz4
01-01-2013, 04:03 AM
The free shipping is only for US members
Duty is prepaid/covered in the total they quote

FragIt Dan
01-01-2013, 02:36 PM
They ship via UPS and the method by which they ship means you will pay no duty or brokerage other than what you pay directly to BRS. I have ordered through them a few times. Feel free to call them to confirm that is still the case, they were very clear and helpful with me when I called,
Dan

paddyob
01-01-2013, 02:48 PM
They charge the 13% and it includes any charges incurred shipping cross boarder.

I order from them. There are no additional charges. What you see On check out is the total.

Fast service too. I recommend.

martinmcnally
01-01-2013, 10:06 PM
I used to order from these guys all the time until I realized they are charging 15% for taxes on top of the shipping price. That might not be too bad for BC or other places but its 10% more than you should be paying in Alberta.

I complained about it but he said there was nothing that could be done as it was based on the port of entry. That doesn't really make any sense to me.

intarsiabox
01-01-2013, 10:11 PM
There is a Canadian website at www.reefwater.net that sells BRS products so you can avoid the high brokerage and shipping charges.

Phil
01-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Ya that site dosent have much I'm looking for pluming parts and a new skimmer and ato. J&l dosent carry what I'm looking for think brs is still cheaper than anyone eles

intarsiabox
01-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Ya that site dosent have much I'm looking for pluming parts and a new skimmer and ato. J&l dosent carry what I'm looking for think brs is still cheaper than anyone eles

Okay, I just assumed you were looking for actual BRS products.

Coleus
01-02-2013, 12:56 AM
There is a Canadian website at www.reefwater.net that sells BRS products so you can avoid the high brokerage and shipping charges.

have anyone order from them? Their price on BRS products are even cheaper than BRS site which makes me wonder if this is a real deal or not

lockrookie
01-02-2013, 12:58 AM
I would email them first with a dumb question and see how quick they reply.

FragIt Dan
01-02-2013, 01:37 AM
I am in need of some Ca and Mg and might order a bunch off them now that I know about them. They are actually more expensive then royal aquariums, so I might try them instead. If you look up the contact info for reef water it has a phone number and address, and if you google map the address and street view it the location is a private residence. I would not be too worried about ordering off them. A lookup of the listed contact number also shows a computer repair company in the same area, so probably legit. I couldn't find payment info on their website and didn't follow through with a dummy order far enough to see if it was https or PayPal or what, so this was a bit sketch, but I would still be fine,
Dan

lastlight
01-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Their price on BRS products are even cheaper than BRS site which makes me wonder if this is a real deal or not

Let's look at Soda Ash for example. Nothing on BRS site is sold by pound so it's not obvious how to compare.

Reefwater:

http://www.reefwater.net/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=202

Soda Ash $4.99 / pound

BRS

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-bulk-soda-ash-sodium-carbonate-aquarium-supplement.html

Soda Ash $18.99 / 7 pounds (1 gallon)

If you're a BRS preferred reefer it's $17.09 / 7 pounds.

I have a gallon of the BRS Soda Ash handy and it says 7 pounds on it. Their site doesn't seem to list its weight.

BRS is much cheaper but by the time you factor in shipping, taxes and built-in duty who knows. I have a ton of trust for anything coming from BRS and order from them all the time.

Coleus
01-02-2013, 02:12 AM
well i only did a quick look at the HC GFO price
their price is 24.99 per lbl while BRS is 53.99 for 1.75 lbs which is 30.85 per lbl

lastlight
01-02-2013, 02:23 AM
you're right that's really odd i'm not sure how it's possible. great price if it's accurate!

intarsiabox
01-02-2013, 02:50 AM
have anyone order from them? Their price on BRS products are even cheaper than BRS site which makes me wonder if this is a real deal or not

I ordered a 2 part kit that came with calc, alk, mag, bottles, measuring cups, etc. It was the same price including shipping as BRS was before all the tax and shipping. I don't see the same kit offered on either web site any more though (maybe it was promotional as it was around Christmas time) but it was indeed all packaged and labeled with BRS product labels. I had no issues but I never got around to dosing so I haven't bought from them since.