PDA

View Full Version : Slime

jesse1884
12-31-2012, 06:17 AM
anyone know the best way to get rid of red slime and to find out what caused it ??????:cry:

Nano
12-31-2012, 06:26 AM
How olds the tank?

jesse1884
12-31-2012, 07:03 AM
my tank has been running just under a year

jesse1884
12-31-2012, 07:08 AM
I had some before when i had the tank near sunlight but i moved it downstairs and it was fine. I just recently changed my supply pump and bought a better circ pum and thats when it started first my clam died and red slime ahhhhhhh

Aquattro
12-31-2012, 01:14 PM
The clam dying probably didn't help. We just had a couple of lengthy threads on cyano, use the search function and you should find everything you need.

jesse1884
01-01-2013, 02:01 AM
thanks brad im new as you know Ive done research on it its just you think things are all good then disaster strikes out of no where
im working on building a 75 gal reef and the 50 gal i have now running is my beginner tank i just want everything to be perfect
ive dumped thousands and thousands im sure my perameters are messed up im waiting on some new testing kits in the mail do you think hannah checkers are good? ive upgraded my ro/di unit to a puretek 100 i hope that helps plus change my bulbs in my light and put in a u/v sterilizer and changed my salt mix arrrrrgh i love this *&%$

FragIt Dan
01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Stable is key, settle in to a regular water change using RODI and dose with chemiclean as per product instructions to get rid of red slime. It, and other nuisance algae are common issues for all of us. I don't think they are an indication of failure but rather just part of the game :). Be patient, it will take time to stabilize your tank and start seeing things come around. I like my Hannah PO4 checker, but that would be the only product I would be able to recommend from them.
Dan