PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI recommendations

Treebeard
12-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Just wondering what reefers are using for their RO/DI unit? I have been using an Aquasafe and thinking of replacing it with something more efficient.

notclear
12-30-2012, 03:37 PM
I used Aquasafe for about 9 years (2 units in total) and just set up the Vertex Puratek Deluxe 100G unit last week, I must say I am very happy about it. Very fast to produce water, the booster bump is quiet, and the unit is very easy to set up - just connect the source and output tubes!

The Vertex unit flushes the membrane automatically and therefore those have used it long term would say you need to replace the membrane more often.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

BlueTang<3
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I have used the vertex units for a few years and really like them, use booster pump for higher efficiency and feature auto back flush options so its good and simple to use and seem very reliable

Treebeard
12-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the AquaFX units? I have some Big Al's points and a gift card to spend.

notclear
12-30-2012, 04:28 PM
For Vertex DI cartridge, can it be refilled? If yes, how much DI resin is required? Can the BRS 1.25 lb bag of resin good enough?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk