PDA

View Full Version : The reef tank

canadianbudz604
12-24-2012, 09:33 PM
So I started in the hobby almost a year ago and it's awesome, time consuming and fairly expensive, but worth it when things are going right. But is it just me or does anyone else sometimes just want to grab a sledge hammer and smash the living **** out of their tank and burn a bunch of money right beside it? Red slime algae ****es all of us off, dust algae on the glass how many types of damn algae is there for Christ sakes? If one is gone theirs another and I do everything I'm supposed to. Once a week water changes params are good grrrrrrrrrr. When the tank becomes a year old does any of this stuff let up.? My tank is young 4 months old. Sorry just venting

11purewater
12-24-2012, 09:46 PM
4 months,sounds like your right on schedule sorry,this to shall pass:biggrin:.Just be diligent.

iceman86
12-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Mine finally started to be less maintenance after the 6 month mark. Once you get passed that point it sort of feels strange beacause your not seeing all the uglies or panicking all the time lol. Hang in there you'll get through it, we've all been there :mrgreen:

somewherebeyondthesea
12-27-2012, 02:34 PM
+1