PDA

View Full Version : lucky fish (sorry Karsten)

eli@fijireefrock.com
12-21-2012, 08:03 AM
A little story that went on for 3 days.
1st let me say sorry Karsten I ....killed your fish.

About a month or so ago I had Karsten (a canreefer:biggrin:)asking me to hold a couple ocelaris roughly 1" I must say very cute, few corals and some rocks until his tank is ready for then(as he was having some problems)

3 days ago Karsten was in the area and came over to do a little reefing talk...as all his fish and the rest doing excellent in my system..

2 days ago while feeding my fish and Karsten's I cannot seem to find one of the ocelaris,..I looked everywhere under the tank (jumper maybe) in the other system I was going crazy knowing my love and of course their owner's love to the fish 20 minutes gone by and still looking .....No luck presumed dead somewhere I didn't look I suppose...

Decided to place a fish order and have a similar ocelaris shipped to replace the dead one (of course I was planning on telling Karsten)

Well I received the order and I got 2 ocelaris that one is similar to the dead one (relief) of after acclimation I placed one ocelaris in with Karsten't left fish and the other in my upstairs tank.

Placing few fish in my big tank I noticed something orange swim fast towards upper far left corner of the tank upon closer look I find an ocelaris getting mad at myself as maybe I placed one in there my mistake as this small fish will never make it with the rest of fish that resides in there....
Wait a minute that looks like Karsten's dead fish alive and swiming with the bullies...some relief...now I need to remove it...big problem if it goes to the other side as its full of corals and 300lbs of rocks ( no chance in hell there)
Took me 15 minutes playing and holding to the net trying to get the fish...I guess luck is on my side tonight as I cought it and placed it back with its partner.
No more the dead fish now the lucky fish.
Why luck
Simply what this fish went through to get to the big tank was an amazing ordeal I would think.
from the tank it resided had to jump into the over flow then take a ride in a 3/4" diameter hose for about 10 feet then 2 feet upwards the down the 100 glns sump the is full of rocks and a skimmer runs with a 10000 bubble blaster to pass that pump and make it to the larger pump that runs all my tanks with a flow of 8000glns/hr some how goes through it and get spit out into the big tank I call it lucky...:biggrin:

Bottom line lucky is happy to be back home and with a story to tell his friend.
When you all read this don't tell Karsten :biggrin:

ALang
12-21-2012, 12:17 PM
HAhaha! Good story! We sure go through lots of blood, sweat and tears when it comes to our critters! Even more so when babysitting others. Thank goodness you looked in the other tank, and thank goodness that the fish moved when you did.

jorjef
12-21-2012, 01:07 PM
It's a Festivus miracle.

michika
12-21-2012, 02:18 PM
It's a Festivus miracle.

:lol:

Leah
12-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Lol!