PDA

View Full Version : sixline wrasse with diamond goby and clownfish

wavemaster
12-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Would a 6 line wrasse be a good choice for a biocube 29 reef? It would be with a diamond goby and 2 small but aggressive clownfish (they just killed my chromis). Also, would a 6 line be a threat to snails, sand conch, and a blood shrimp?

Coralgurl
12-21-2012, 12:54 AM
I personally have stayed away from the six lines just because they don't have the greatest reputations. If you are set on one, add it last. Why not a nice flasher fairy wrasse?? Just make sure you cover your tank as they are jumpers (not sure when I'll learn this :twised:).

Diamond gobys are great as they sift sand but don't create a sand storm in the tank!

wavemaster
12-21-2012, 02:51 AM
I personally have stayed away from the six lines just because they don't have the greatest reputations. If you are set on one, add it last. Why not a nice flasher fairy wrasse?? Just make sure you cover your tank as they are jumpers (not sure when I'll learn this :twised:).

Diamond gobys are great as they sift sand but don't create a sand storm in the tank!

Im 100% on getting the goby but still thinking about the 6 line. It was just a thought as I am looking to have 4 fish total in my cube. I have also stayed away from the 6 lines, but now that my clowns are turning mean, Im not sure a peaceful fish that swims all around would survive with the clowns?

Coralgurl
12-21-2012, 04:33 AM
Hard to say what your clowns will go after and what they'll leave alone. I guess you could add the six line if it was the last one to go in. Give the goby a chance to settle in the tank first though.

wavemaster
12-21-2012, 07:46 PM
I ended up getting a diamond goby and a falco hawkfish. I do not know much about hawkfish, other than the falco is usually the most reef safe as far as hawkfish go.

For the goby, I bough a piece of pvc pipe and put it in the sand. I thought he may use it for his home and it would also provide some protection.

I sure hope everything works out.

Anyone have a falco hawkfish?

Psyire
12-22-2012, 02:00 AM
I own a sixline and I've owned another in the past. Buy a small one and add it last. (1") Should have no problems then, if not you are taking a big risk.