PDA

View Full Version : Sunbright f-series V2

rhody605
12-20-2012, 07:54 PM
I was doing some lighting research for my upgrade. So many choices its tough to make up my mind.

I have always liked the look of a one piece fixture. I had seen the sunbright f series version 1 light setup on codfather's tank and it looks great.

Last night I came across the v2 that's coming early next year.

http://www.sunbritelighting.com/FSeriesV2.html

And this too.
http://reefbuilders.com/2012/09/29/sunbrite-fseries-v2-led-sports-builtin-wireless-control-ios-app-light-collecting-reflectors/

My upgrade tank is 72x24x30. 30 being the depth. I'm curious if this would be worthy for a sps tank.

Mike

Foxface
12-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Tagging along, thinking of getting the one that is 48 inches!!

Salt2Death
12-21-2012, 01:05 AM
I got the 72" F Series and Love It!

Sent Via The Pirate Ship...

rhody605
12-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Salt2death. What do you think of the optics upgrade on the v2?

Mike

Salt2Death
12-22-2012, 12:51 AM
The optics look great for serious intensity
My only thought is "why?"

All this extra intensity means you need to dim them back or you will bleach spa, upset Lps, possibly kill softies- hell you can burn fish too. So why creat more intensity? Unless your tank is over 36" deep it's kinda over kill.... IMO, but MORE POWER is all anyone seems to want- even if you can't go past 50% power lol. My F Series is at 80% and that's high-
But, price is the same so if your spending the money go for the gold.

(I love my F Series, I won't upgrade but honestly if they were both on the table at the same price at the time I probably to would have fallen for "More Power!" and followed Tim The ToolMan Taylor!

**I love the full spectrum of colors, corals and growing super fast and their colors really pop out. Secondly the fish even look amazing with those color spectrums!

SunBright: gives you what Sols and Radions don't- easy use!, actual wireless controls that save in the light if the power goes out, no mess of cables, plug and forget, one power supply to Rule Them All!
Amazing Customer Service- Best Out There. Affordable, leaving cash for more goodies and livestock!!!

Sent Via The Pirate Ship...

rhody605
12-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the hands on input.

I would worry about light from the LEDs being too focused and getting the disco effect. In the v2 that is.

Mike

Simons
12-22-2012, 06:29 PM
tagged for interest...