PDA

View Full Version : Fish stocking biocube 29

wavemaster
12-20-2012, 07:07 PM
I recently asked about adding a diamond goby to my biocube 29. Last night my clownfish attacked my chromis and killed him. The clowns have been in there with him for 1 year. This only makes me more confused on what to do as the clowns seem to be getting more mean every day. The clowns are still very small and got along fine with the chromis when I added them last year.

I am going to give the goby a try this weekend. I am thinking because it stays near the bottom the clowns will be less bothered by it. I am still looking for one more final fish to add. I want to add both at the same time so the clowns will get be even more confused. I am going to try putting the new fish in at night with all the lights off.

What should the final fish be? It must be safe with the clowns and goby, corals, shrimp, and snails. I am thinking of another fish that stays near the bottom or a 6 line wrasse. What do you guys think?

What I have now:
2 black and white ocelaris clowns
Blood shrimp
soft corals, LPS
snails, hermit crabs, sand conch

lastlight
12-20-2012, 07:25 PM
tailspot blenny. no question!

wavemaster
12-20-2012, 08:56 PM
tailspot blenny. no question!

Those look pretty cool. Any problems with it eating corals?

lastlight
12-20-2012, 09:13 PM
never in my experience. only algae and fish food.

91Atrac
02-19-2013, 06:52 AM
yea i dont think a blenny ive never heard of them eating coral. The only thing i heard they do is a buddies had a death wish for him and would swim from one end of the tank and actually smack the glass trying to get him HAHA but it was a stary blenny.