PDA

View Full Version : Just dosed Chemi-clean...

Timbits
12-20-2012, 12:34 AM
The instructions says a full treatment takes 2 days and then u need to do a water change.

But if there is still cyano after 2 days, can u leave it in one more day before doing a water change?

Has anyone left it in for more than 2 days with no Ill effects?

Thanks

Proteus
12-20-2012, 01:46 AM
The box also says repeat if necessary. But yeah do a waterchange. Can't hurt right

Cal_stir
12-20-2012, 01:50 AM
1 dose should work fine, do a water change as instructed, you will prob have to do a few wc before you can start skimming again

paddyob
12-20-2012, 03:28 AM
When you dose do not forget to compensate for water displaced by rock.

EX... a 100G tank may have only 75G water... therefore treat for 75G.

lockrookie
12-20-2012, 03:54 AM
I was a rebel and didnt do a water change period. The only ill effect was my skimmer when I fired it back up after 3 days agent crazy I had to raise it up quite a bit to run it but after a few days it calmed down and I set it back to its original water depth. But as for corals and fish no ill effects at all did a water change 3 weeks later. Now I'm not saying you should do this infact I prolly shouldn't have. But I was part curious and part lazy. Mostly lazy

Sent from my porcelain aquarium

RDNanoGuy
12-20-2012, 05:16 AM
You don't need to do another treatment right away. Give it couple of days between treatments. Do the water change tho as it will help get your skimmer back online sooner. I also like to use fresh carbon to suckup any excess. It kinda looks like its not doing anything for the first couple days then bam youll wake up and its gone!

RGS88
12-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Ironically I'm dosing my 55gal with this stuff as we speak. I've done this several times in the past.

Yes it's ok to leave it in longer than 2 days. I've sometimes left the stuff in the tank for up to 5 or 6 days. (I dosed my tank on Tuesday night. I'm planning to put the carbon back in and do the water change on Friday or Saturday night).

I do follow the instructions though and have an air stone running in the tank during this time, and I do at 20% water change once I've done treating.