PDA

View Full Version : Chemi-pure VS Activated carbon

Timbits
12-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Are the two the same? What's the difference?

mrhasan
12-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Are the two the same? What's the difference?

Chemi pure and activated carbons are more or less the same stuff. Its just that chemi pure is a much better carbon than the regular brands and lasts hell lotta longer.

Chemi pure elite makes all the difference since it has gfo in it.

Madreefer
12-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Which brands are you referring to? I'm excited to hear this. I can sell my carbon reactors and jump on this. Please share where your finding out about all this new info you've been sharing. I only visit this site and RC

jorjef
12-20-2012, 02:18 AM
Do I hear something dripping?

Aquattro
12-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Chemi pure and activated carbons are more or less the same stuff. Its just that chemi pure is a much better carbon than the regular brands and lasts hell lotta longer.

Chemi pure elite makes all the difference since it has gfo in it.

Do you make this stuff up? :razz:

From their site...not just carbon.

"Chemipure is a simple-to-use filter media suitable for all types of aquatic environments, and which is manufactured with the latest technologies available. Chemipure is very economical, and provides problem-free filter operation. Chemipure is a nylon filter bag filled with a high grade blend of activated carbons and ion exchange resins. The activated carbons filter particulates and waste while the ion exchange resins help remove nitrogen (ammonia and nitrate) build up which is harmful to your fish. Chemipure also stabilizes water chemistry while keeping your pH levels perfectly constant. Its effects are far reaching, another reason why aquarists worldwide have been using it for years to help improve the life and health of their aquariums."

mrhasan
12-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Do you make this stuff up? :razz:

From their site...not just carbon.

"Chemipure is a simple-to-use filter media suitable for all types of aquatic environments, and which is manufactured with the latest technologies available. Chemipure is very economical, and provides problem-free filter operation. Chemipure is a nylon filter bag filled with a high grade blend of activated carbons and ion exchange resins. The activated carbons filter particulates and waste while the ion exchange resins help remove nitrogen (ammonia and nitrate) build up which is harmful to your fish. Chemipure also stabilizes water chemistry while keeping your pH levels perfectly constant. Its effects are far reaching, another reason why aquarists worldwide have been using it for years to help improve the life and health of their aquariums."

I don't know why it looks like I made it up :S

"Chemipure is a nylon filter bag filled with a high grade blend of activated carbons" line justifies "Chemi pure and activated carbons are more or less the same stuff". "ion exchange resins" is the added advantage. And in case of elite (from the site), "Chemi-Pure Elite adds ferric oxide to the original Chemi-Pure formula to also remove phosphates and silicates, making it the only complete choice for filtering any kind of aquarium." justifies "since it has gfo in it".

And to justify that its not totally "activated carbon", I wrote "more or less the same stuff". Chemi pure elite and activated carbon does the same thing isinit? The difference builds up when purigen, chemi pure and activated carbon is compared.

I hope I am not missing any links ;) Of course correct me if I am wrong. I am, after all, a newby :)

And I don't make stuffs up; I read a lot that's it :) And take advices from this forum.

FragIt Dan
12-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Looks like somebody is selling their carbon reactors ;)

Madreefer
12-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Looks like somebody is selling their carbon reactors ;)

Yup my phosban reactor too. Not!

FragIt Dan
12-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Yup my phosban reactor too. Not!

Ditto, I think you need to adjust or change carbon and GFO separately. I am happy with my BRS GFO in a reactor, but carbon goes in a sock in my sump.