PDA

View Full Version : GHL Mitra Owners club

Pages : [1] 2

subman
12-18-2012, 05:23 PM
I got my Mitra's hung last night and all I can say is WOW! These lights are unbelievable, the coverage is amazing, zero disco ball effect.
The only downside is the programming. It is standard GHL programming so if you have or have had a profilux you should be ok.
I have 3 over my 225 (72x32x24) and the tank is fully covered no dark spots or shadowy areas.

kien
12-18-2012, 05:31 PM
I got my Mitra's hung last night and all I can say is WOW! These lights are unbelievable, the coverage is amazing, zero disco ball effect.
The only downside is the programming. It is standard GHL programming so if you have or have had a profilux you should be ok.
I have 3 over my 225 (72x32x24) and the tank is fully covered no dark spots or shadowy areas.

Yup, these lights kick arse! So you're keeping them then? :lol:

sphelps
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Have you calculated how long your pay back period is since switching to LEDs? :lol:

Glad to see someone else doesn't see any disco effect, not just me. I think Keener must has permanently screwed up eyes from watching too many color wheels spin.

I thought the programming is pretty good, are you talking about the software?

subman
12-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Yup, these lights kick arse! So you're keeping them then? :lol:
Yes for the love of all things holy these are the last ones lol

Have you calculated how long your pay back period is since switching to LEDs? :lol:

Glad to see someone else doesn't see any disco effect, not just me. I think Keener must has permanently screwed up eyes from watching too many color wheels spin.

I thought the programming is pretty good, are you talking about the software?

Yeah the software. It's not hard just a little clumsy is all. What does your program look like Sphelps?

sphelps
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah the software. It's not hard just a little clumsy is all. What does your program look like Sphelps?

Hmm I thought the light composser was pretty sweet but honestly haven't done much with it. It's kind of embarrassing how basic it is, basically just run it around 15K peek @ 80%. Ramps up in the morning from a dim red and then ramps down to a dim deep blue. I haven't had a chance to play with it since I bought it

kien
12-18-2012, 05:53 PM
I think Keener must has permanently screwed up eyes from watching too many color wheels spin.

I think that a lot more people won't see/notice the disco with these lights. Consider this though, you can see the disco with Radions but there are lots of people who don't ;-)

Also, I think Keener is a screwed up little Sissy Junior Member cry babie :cry:

Sub, I hear they're working on the Mitras Pro. :behindsofa:

Delphinus
12-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Mitras Pro! :lol: Well shoot I better wait some more then before pulling this trigger myself.

Can't the disco effect be adjusted by varying the height of the units above the waterline or playing with their position overhead? Or is it pretty much constant no matter what you do - "if you see it, you see it" kind of thing?

Arok3000
12-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I played around a bit in my tank, with a different LED albeit, and If I turn off my pumps, then the disco disappears a little. I think pretty much every LED fixture will look great over air shining on the floor, but when you get ripples on the surface, it diffracts the different LED's at separate angles, which causes the disco. At least that's my theory. Possibly some of the disco effect varying between users has to do with the motion at the surface of the water. Less surface ripple could equal less disco.

subman
12-18-2012, 06:35 PM
I've had some experience with LEDs (way to much actually lol). When it comes to disco ball effect here is my ratings:
1 mitras (none)
2 radion (small amount)
3 ai sol (visable)
4 ai Vega (very noticeable)

The sol has less because of the lack of colored LEDs. All these were over the same tank on the same rack at some point over last year.

Reef Pilot
12-18-2012, 06:38 PM
I played around a bit in my tank, with a different LED albeit, and If I turn off my pumps, then the disco disappears a little. I think pretty much every LED fixture will look great over air shining on the floor, but when you get ripples on the surface, it diffracts the different LED's at separate angles, which causes the disco. At least that's my theory. Possibly some of the disco effect varying between users has to do with the motion at the surface of the water. Less surface ripple could equal less disco.
It is the surface water ripple that does it with my Radions. When I turn off the pumps, it disappears.

kien
12-18-2012, 08:10 PM
It is the surface water ripple that does it with my Radions. When I turn off the pumps, it disappears.

It is indeed the water surface agitation that does it with any point light source. It is called the caustic effect. A caustic or caustic network is the envelope of light rays reflected or refracted by a curved surface or object, or the projection of that envelope of rays on another surface. The caustic is a curve or surface to which each of the light rays is tangent, defining a boundary of an envelope of rays as a curve of concentrated light. In our case the curved surface is the water surface as it ripples and waves. The caustics can be the patches of light or their bright edges. These shapes often have cusp singularities.

Concentration of light, especially sunlight, can burn. The word caustic, in fact, comes from the Greek word for burnt, via the Latin causticus, burning. A common situation where caustics are visible is when light shines on a drinking glass. The glass casts a shadow, but also produces a curved region of bright light. In ideal circumstances (including perfectly parallel rays, as if from a point source at infinity), a nephroid-shaped patch of light can be produced. Rippling caustics are commonly formed when light shines through waves on a body of water.

Another familiar caustic is the rainbow. Scattering of light by raindrops causes different wavelengths of light to be refracted into arcs of differing radius, producing the bow.

T5s do not produce noticeable caustic/shimmering because the light is more enveloping as opposed to being focused like a point source. In essence there is no point source of light from a T5.

LEDs on the other hand typically have several point sources. Each point source producing a caustic. The further apart the individual LEDs are the more pronounced that particular channel's (colour) shimmer/caustic will be. The closer together the individual LEDs are the less pronounced it will be.

Radion LED array:
http://reefbuilders.com/files/2012/11/radion-g2.png

Mitras LED array:
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af144/muzanji/MITRAS_20121215_009_zpsa6c954e7.jpg

Kessil 350W LED array:
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af144/muzanji/IMG_2348.jpg

Caustics on the sandbed from the different LED point sources:
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af144/muzanji/MITRAS_20121215_006_zps3e90df5f.jpg

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af144/muzanji/MITRAS_20121215_007_zps06c38b94.jpg

Again, some people will notice it while others will not and at varying degrees of noticeability. If you don't see it or you don't notice it or you're simply not bothered by it then it doesn't really matter what other people see.

Reef Pilot
12-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I haven't noticed it for a long time. But when you guys started talking about it here, had to go look at my tank to see it.

I kind of like it though. It only shows up on the sand bottom, and reminds me of snorkeling and seeing the wave shimmers on the sand.

kien
12-18-2012, 08:20 PM
I haven't noticed it for a long time.

Ya, I think that eventually you just get used to it. For a long time I ran just halides on my main tank and got so used to the shimmering from the halides that whenever I saw someone's T5 tank it just seemed odd to me.. Then I set up a second tank with strictly T5s over it and over a short period of time I just got used to it and was fine with the lack of shimmer on the T5 tank. Sometimes I think that our knee jerk reaction to something that's different from what we're used to it is to freak out. :lol:

sphelps
12-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Come to think of it this is an owners clubs not a renters/borrowers club, sorry Kien but I don't make the rules.

Aqua-Digital
12-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Just want to add an important point here

You wont see any disco ball effect with the Mitras. The reason for this is in the reflectors (not lenses) The reflectors converge the LED output to a uniform spread (convergence) eliminating any hot spot or higher intensity spot.

98% of the LED output is reflected back into the water matching that of a T5 reflector.

The Mitras was developed along with a leading University in Germany over two years, so there are a number of cutting edge technologies employed.

This spectrum analysis against ATi 54W T5 is quite impressive

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/monitors-direct/MITRASvsATI_zps6c9750de.jpg

The light blue thin line is the ATi

subman
12-21-2012, 02:50 PM
I was up late last night wrapping presents (way later than normal lol) I noticed my Mitras were on all night even though the display was zeros across the board. I'm guessing it is just moonlighting.
Where is the setting to turn this off or at least make it much dimmer?

Aqua-Digital
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
In the software, you need to set a zero point time for example

11pm 0%
6am 0%
7am 10%

then between 11pm and 6am all will be off

subman
12-21-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm sure I did that, I'll have to double check.
Michael what's the latest firmware?

Aqua-Digital
12-21-2012, 04:53 PM
1.07 is the latest

make sure the channels are all at zero too

subman
12-21-2012, 05:09 PM
got it I had all the channels at zero but had to set 2 new points on the light composer and now its black out from midnight to 4am:mrgreen:

Now that I have used it a bit more the software is great. The first time I set things up I didn't use the light composer, I just set up each individual channel. The light composer is pretty slick

sphelps
12-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Now that I have used it a bit more the software is great. The first time I set things up I didn't use the light composer, I just set up each individual channel. The light composer is pretty slick

I did the same thing and quickly got frustrated until I figured out the light composer does it all for you, that's why I mentioned it earlier. Without it you'd spend a lifetime setting up all the channels properly.

Aqua-Digital
01-14-2013, 11:00 PM
I dont think I need to say what to vote for ;)

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/01/14/2012-led-showdown/

Jakegr
01-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Can't believe the Mitras lost to the Acan LED. I'm sure Acanlighting makes nice fixtures, but I haven't even seen a build thread with one, let alone in person.

Aqua-Digital
01-19-2013, 10:42 PM
yes well Hmmm $399 asian plastic light verses the most functional light unit on the market!

Need I say more

Jakegr
01-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Makes no sense.

Aqua-Digital
01-19-2013, 10:47 PM
its just one big game, best ignored really

BlueTang<3
01-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Well got my lights hung

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh619/dukeandotis/FFF46403-33F9-4615-83E3-480030D3F941-10369-000012B1AB3FDFBF_zpsf9ce5473.jpg

rhody605
01-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Can't wait to see those mitras in action on your tank Wes.

JDigital
01-20-2013, 12:46 AM
I've joined the cool kids club! :lol:

Skimmerking
02-02-2013, 02:16 AM
OK OK OK before you kick me out of here:biggrin: the Mitras im looking at getting one for my Cube that is 36x36x21 .
The Canopy is 11.5" tall so I will have about 8-9 " for the unit to hang or sit on top if I cut a hole out. I'm hearing that it will light 40"x30" Now really that light will work if I run it length wise right. what is your thoughts on it Radions are crap I guess with all the problems. Sols well sols are just a few colors and Vegas are disco lights lol

oh ya do you need a profilux controller to use this

Madmak
02-02-2013, 02:55 AM
Just FYI, the Mitras are not meant for mounting inside a canopy as per the manual, the main venting is on the top. You may have to be creative with a partial canopy or open top.

As far as the coverage goes, 36"x36" is likely possible but may require the fixture to be hung a bit higher than normal above the water. GHL suggests 10 cm. I have one hanging over half of a 72"L x 24"W x 26"T tank (waiting on the second one) and have experimented with different heights. At or below 10 cm the cone shape starts to be apparent, 15-20 cm is great for my 24" width, and I would bet 20-25 cm would cover your 36" width. PAR may drop a bit at the sand bed but your tank is not that deep and you can always adjust the intensity. 100% will still be more than enough IMO.

I REALLY like the Mitras for spectrum control, spread, and power; the shimmer is excellent and no disco; very good build quality and a decent user GUI too.

I'm comparing the Mitras to MH, PC, T5, and all possible combinations of these in 2 separate fixtures that I have been using above the same tank. They seem to provide more of an "alive" look than anything else I have personally seen.

Profilux isn't needed but can be used. The USB connection and the free software is exactly the same as the Profilux interface, just without the other controls.

Aqua-Digital
02-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Madmak has hit the nail on the head ;)

The only answer I can genuinely give as the distributor is "it should" providing the reflector spread is not hindered by the hole in the canopy.

For the size tank ideally 12" height will give you a better spread.

Skimmerking
02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Guess who has 2 thumbs up now and awaiting on his new mitras fixture to show up.

JDigital
02-08-2013, 01:48 PM
^^ Congrats!

Question for the other owners... have you had any issue with your lights gradually changing what time they turn on at.

I set my to start coming on at 7am and they have gradually for the last 2 weeks started coming on later and later. When I left the house this morning it was 7:21am and they still weren't on. Last week it was closer to 7:13am when they were turning on.

Have I missed or overlooked a setting somewhere that would be causing this?

Aqua-Digital
02-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Please go to www.aquariumcomputer.com and then to the download section. You can install the latest firmware for this.

JDigital
02-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Please go to www.aquariumcomputer.com and then to the download section. You can install the latest firmware for this.

So that was a known issue? I haven't seen it reported from anyone else yet.

Aqua-Digital
02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
its actually not an issue, its to do with the offset between master and slave and how you set up this in the software as far as I understand it. I think its merely a default change.

There is a topic about it on the support forum.

Skimmerking
02-08-2013, 03:38 PM
ok So I hope I don't need a profilux controller for this and how would one go about hooking the download for the light is there a controller or a USB hub that goes with it. I havent recieved my light yet and just asking the questions now.

subman
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM
No P3 is required just download the software plug in the usb and your good to go. Very good interface. Your going to love it Mike!

Aqua-Digital
02-08-2013, 04:16 PM
V1.08 sorted out the time shift default and V1.09 is the latest. V1.09 allows the connection of up to 30 lamps to one master!

Anyone with a Mitras please sign up to the support forum so you have all the latest knowledge to hand.

www.profiluxsupport.com

Whiston
02-10-2013, 02:21 AM
I've joined the cool kids club! :lol:

Yes! I've also joined the cool kids club!
This is the first time since grade 3 I've been part of the cool kids club, and back then it was mostly because my mom packed extra lunch money that the rest of the club took to buy candy. Okay, it wasn't mostly because of that, it was completely because of that, but if money can't buy you friends, then what the heck IS it good for?!?

subman
02-10-2013, 02:44 AM
Welcome to the mitrahood!

Madmak
02-10-2013, 04:16 AM
Welcome to the mitrahood!

We clap slow as well...

Top-dogg
02-12-2013, 06:27 PM
does anybody have a custom project I could try with these awesome lights?

subman
02-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Are you looking for lighting profiles?

Madmak
02-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Likely, the GHL software calls them project files.

Top-dogg
02-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Are you looking for lighting profiles?

Yes

subman
02-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm going to work on a couple new one this week/weekend I can post when I'm done

Top-dogg
02-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Awesome! What percentage of brightness do I start them with? I have mostly sps

Whiston
02-12-2013, 09:19 PM
It would be interesting to see what some people are doing with their profiles.
I made mine fairly elaborate with more red during a short sunrise to some fairly heavy growth periods around noon and then all afternoon it's the colors I like to see, fading to a blue sunset.
The issue I ran into is when I changed from a 14k to 18k at 6:00 and it looked bizarre. Looking at the display and all royal blues are off. Loaded another project and same thing. Ran a test run and clicking between the 5:59, and 6:00 was a huge visual difference. In the end, the royal blue channel defaults to lunar simulation, which starts at 6:00 and lunar simulation showed no moon, causing my royal blues to shut off entirely. To make things more confusing, when you turn lunar simulation off, you have to 'save changes' to the light, not just update the project to the fixture. Anyways, have it all sorted out now, but would love to see what you guys are running also.

Top-dogg
02-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Well, after I made the switch I hooked up my radion to my laptop and pretty much copied the "radiant" profile
(light setup, intensity and times) from ecosmart live to mitras with the addition of yellow and HV spectrum. It's just the moon phase that I'm trying to figure out, if anybody could help me with this?

Thanks

Skimmerking
02-16-2013, 12:09 AM
At what % do i start at the reason im saying im setting up this weekend and will have 1 week home and then off to mexico for 1 week if i had t-5's the light will be up around 6-8 inches in a canopy with the top opened up

Madmak
02-16-2013, 12:31 AM
I haven't had any issues with running the factory light program right from the start. It's been about 2-3 weeks. I moved a Duncan down lower as well as some other LPS. I also left my eggcrate on for the first 10 days or so, it blocks a bit. The Mitras aren't super intense and don't really hit full power during the factory program.

Top-dogg
02-16-2013, 01:51 AM
I was running 100% on my radion, what I did was I start at 70 then ramp up to 100% for about 1-1/2 I also put uv at 100. I have mostly sps and my red planet is starting to have a green colour on its base. Other sps are starting to get colour that was not there before.
I'm quite happy with these lamps, except I'm still trying to figure out how to operate moon phases. My moonlight stays on all night, every night with same intensity.

sphelps
02-16-2013, 03:01 AM
100% on eco mode (default) is only 80%, so something to consider. Also not much concern with these fixtures, the even spread and lack of optics should eliminate most threats from burning coral. Keep it on eco mode for now and program whatever you figure, I can't see you having any issues.

Skimmerking
02-16-2013, 03:34 AM
Ok steve thanks

subman
02-16-2013, 03:58 AM
I am having a hell of a time updating the FW. I also bought a MS Surface Pro running windows 8 and can't get it to even see the lights when they are plugged in.

Madmak
02-16-2013, 05:13 AM
You may need to update the USB driver, I needed to. One other step that is easy to miss is to match the COM Port # near the end of the process. PM me if you still have trouble, I just updated my firmware to 1.09 tonight.

Madmak
02-16-2013, 05:14 AM
I hear that USB 3.0 isn't as friendly as 2.0, it was posted on the Mitras Forum.

JDigital
02-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Well, I went from having a working Mitra to one that won't turn on after trying to update the firmware. Doesn't even recognize the drivers supposedly.

mikepclo
02-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Well, I went from having a working Mitra to one that won't turn on after trying to update the firmware. Doesn't even recognize the drivers supposedly.

Did you unplug the power for few seconds than reconnect after installing new firmware?

Madmak
02-16-2013, 11:11 PM

Me too. You need to delete the USB driver and load it again. It was likely reset during a FW update.

JDigital
02-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Yup.. I unplugged the light quite a few times... I got the FW 1.09 to finally update after nearly 1.5hrs of frustration... to only be greeted with more frustration when the light seemingly won't correctly display the colors I want at 6pm..

When I set my light spectrum on LC, and output it to the lights to see what it looks like, its a nice 15K ish Blue... I apply that, then when I run the test illumination at 5:59pm its got a the spectrum set from 4pm and should gradually change to the 6pm... instead 6pm turn to a white with green hues... regardless of how many times I transmit it to the light..

I've basically given up for the night. :drinking::bad-word:

Aqua-Digital
02-17-2013, 12:36 AM
sounds like you are not pressing save and transmitting to the Mitras so when you do a test run its going back to default.

If you are realy stuck please sihn into www.profiluxsupport.com where others are sharing files.

JDigital
02-17-2013, 12:54 AM
sounds like you are not pressing save and transmitting to the Mitras so when you do a test run its going back to default.

If you are realy stuck please sihn into www.profiluxsupport.com where others are sharing files.

If that was the case then shouldn't all the spectrums that I changed from 7am-4pm also default back to what they were? Why is it only switching back at 6pm when I changed each spectrum at each time point together.

That being said, at 6pm, in the LC screen it shows the correct color spectrum and what percent of each LED should be on at the overall output %, all of which match the Live Output and what I want, but it doesn't actually translate to the light.

I will try again..

Madmak
02-17-2013, 01:25 AM
Also, if your moon simulator times are not set right you will get pitch black or something not right.

JDigital
02-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Also, if your moon simulator times are not set right you will get pitch black or something not right.

That part I have figured out.

The strange thing is, if I load the stock Light Composition that comes with control center, transmit it to the light, the light does its disco strobe light thing to program each channel and immediately shows the correct lighting per the time.

I just composed a brand new light composition, saved it, transmitted it, and BANG, back to the one that is screwed up.

I've tried switching it all back to default setting and trying from there.. nothing seems to make a difference.

To be honest Aqua-Digital, I find the forums over at GHL/Profilux absolutely useless.

Madmak
02-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Have it all sorted out JDigital?

JDigital
02-26-2013, 09:50 PM
I suppose so.. I don't know how, but the test illumination doesn't match what I programmed.. but the actual program in the light is what I want.

Whiston
02-27-2013, 05:37 PM
I suppose so.. I don't know how, but the test illumination doesn't match what I programmed.. but the actual program in the light is what I want.

I ran into the problem where I had the royal blues selected for "simulation" so as soon as 6:00 hit, my program went completely goofy. If I was sliding the bar across, it looked great at 5:58, 5:59, and then bam, 6:00 it went to a very dim blue. Just so happened I guess that there was virtually no moon present so the simulation turned all the LED's off but about 1% RB.

I deselected the simulation box on all the channels and then the program went exactly as it should have. Oh and to complicate things even more so, when you change the light program there is the large button on the bottom that transmits the new program to the lights, but when you deselect the simulation mode, you have to hit the save changes button at the top near the menu bars. Drove me crazy for a solid hour.

Bigevul
03-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Yes, as of today I received my silver GHL Mitras from Concept Aquatics...Now to get it on my tank..and programming...anyone have a program they wouldnt mind to send my way?

Madmak
03-06-2013, 04:35 AM
I'm more than happy with the default program that comes with the lights. It is a very natural color and intensity representation. The light composer makes it easy to tweak it a bit if you want to. I've made a few minor color changes and changed the start/end times.

Aqua-Digital
03-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Check this out

before and 3 months later under Mitras

November 27th 2012
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/112512TankPics029.jpg

December 28th 2012
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/IMG_1334_zps2161584f-1_zps1982e4b9.jpg

March 16th 2013
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/IMG_1457_zpsbfc6cb74.jpg

Aqua-Digital
03-18-2013, 01:52 PM
I have Rodneys project template if anyone wants it.

subman
03-18-2013, 02:20 PM
I have Rodneys project template if anyone wants it.

yes please.

Aqua-Digital
03-18-2013, 02:49 PM
email :lol:

lastlight
03-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Very nice! his camera focus even improved under this light. There's nothing it can't do lol.

Aqua-Digital
03-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Next thing people will be saying the camera made it grow fast too! :lol:

lastlight
03-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Next thing people will be saying the camera made it grow fast too! :lol:

I've got nothing alive under mine yet besides pods and brittle stars but I can tell you they look totally sweet lol.

Aqua-Digital
03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
oooo brittle stars need some for my tank.

Bigevul
03-18-2013, 03:51 PM
Id be interested in the template as well.

Madmak
03-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Id be interested in the template as well.

Me too please, PM'd my email.

Aqua-Digital
03-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Ok lets make this easier for me.

NO pm's please I cant send the file that way and it means opening up a pm to get your email address

Please everyone email me at sales@aqua-digital.com I will then reply with it.

Thanks guys.

Aqua-Digital
03-18-2013, 06:29 PM
the template acts as a good learning curve also.

In the next few weeks I will be doing a set up video diary.

Aqua-Digital
03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
As many of you are aware I am doing a tank build thread here on canreef under this link
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95033

But now comes
The GHL Mitras LED coral test!

Photo uploaded is of a very sorry for itself looking chunk of what used to be green with purple edges plating Montipora. This is what is left from my huge colony. As you can see its not very colourful, yes it has some purple showing through just about, and yes the water is slightly cloudy thanks to Prodibio kicking up a nice bio bloom while the tank matures. But I think we all can agree my camera work does not get good enough for photoshop.

So lets wait a few weeks and see what colour this goes under GHL Mitras LED:) Place your bets please :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310511_449066755171774_894864522_n.jpg

reeferfulton
03-22-2013, 09:19 PM
.cool . be nice to see the change .

Anyone else running windows 8 able to actual connect to there mitras . I have tried everything online .. including disabling windows usb licence requiremnts in the advanced startup .. It will not connect to my pc .. sees that there is a mitras there in the device manager. with a yellow flag , but wont allow it to connect ..

Brought a pc home from work (XP) . connected imediatly ....

whish i could get this sorted out .

lastlight
03-22-2013, 09:21 PM
sorry man i'm on XP as well. Did windows do the driver search for you? mine was yellow too until this happened.

subman
03-22-2013, 09:22 PM
I gave up trying to get my surface pro (win 8) to Connect. I did the same as you and used an old pc running xp

Aqua-Digital
03-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Try this if no go post on the support forum, I believe the new software comes with different drivers to select

1.From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
2.Click ‘More PC Settings’.
3.Click ‘General’.
4.Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
5.Wait a bit.
6.Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
7.Click ‘Advanced Options’
8.Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
9.Click Restart.
When your computer restarts, select ‘Disable driver signature enforcement‘ from the list. You can now load your modified driver. Reboot again once the driver is installed and all will be well

support forum
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com

subman
03-22-2013, 09:32 PM
I tried that and a few other things but still no go. I personally hate having to configure my computer to get it to work. I'm hoping the next software version fixes this.

Aqua-Digital
03-22-2013, 09:34 PM
The issue sadly is freakin win8 I refuse to use it. My wife purchased a new laptop, took it back after 3 days and demanded they down
graded it to Win7!

There is a legal clause in all licensed software that if you buy a later version they must for free supply you with the older on request.

subman
03-22-2013, 09:35 PM
I love windows 8.

Aqua-Digital
03-22-2013, 09:37 PM
There will always be one in the crowd somewhere :mrgreen:

I did a lot of googling when my wife was throwing her knickers around with stress from win8, microsoft has lost millions in revenue since launch, its been the biggest driving force to Apple.

subman
03-22-2013, 09:39 PM
There will always be one in the crowd somewhere :mrgreen:

I did a lot of googling when my wife was throwing her knickers around with stress from win8, microsoft has lost millions in revenue since launch, its been the biggest driving force to Apple.

So I'll just use my MacBook to program it then I guess:twised:

Aqua-Digital
03-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Yep you can do using VM

subman
03-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Yep you can do using VM

I love my Mitras and all my ghl products but you need to see the areas that need to be fixed. This is one. No win8 support or mac support is terrible. And saying use a vm on the Mac instead of "It's something we are looking into" is very frustrating.

Aqua-Digital
03-22-2013, 10:09 PM
I assume by YOU you refer to GHL, well I hope so ;)

This is something that has been covered in the support forum. To develop Mac software would cost in excess of $50,000, would GHL get $50,000 of sales for this development when VM works just as well and costs nothing? The answer is of course not. Mac still remains the underdog of global user base, whether that changes of course time will tell.

Windows 8 is the bug bare of many software company not just GHL, its an uphill battle, GHL do not hold the magic wand to the cures of the issues that come with Win 8, its known to be an issue with all sorts of softwares, so sadly GHL are in the same boat as many others with this issue.

I would love to give you a more positive answer, but GHL cant spend out $50,000 on something like that (You dont see Ecotech with Mac support) and we have to wait I guess for Microsoft to wake up and smell the roses.

subman
03-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I assume by YOU you refer to GHL, well I hope so ;)

This is something that has been covered in the support forum. To develop Mac software would cost in excess of $50,000, would GHL get $50,000 of sales for this development when VM works just as well and costs nothing? The answer is of course not. Mac still remains the underdog of global user base, whether that changes of course time will tell.

Windows 8 is the bug bare of many software company not just GHL, its an uphill battle, GHL do not hold the magic wand to the cures of the issues that come with Win 8, its known to be an issue with all sorts of softwares, so sadly GHL are in the same boat as many others with this issue.

I did mean ghl sorry, I do tend to put you and them together but it's not fair and I apologize for that. I do understand the costs involved and the bugs with the latest operating systems. I guess I would just love to hear from ghl that they see there is a problem and are working towards a fix.

Aqua-Digital
03-22-2013, 10:15 PM
The bugs are not with GHL but with Microsoft Win8 so it is a bit hard for them to resolve it, however they have done their best to post various work arounds and if you go on the support forum they will try and help you as best as possible.

someone posted something about using USB 3.0 maybe have a look into that?

reeferfulton
03-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Ya. I understand windows 8 is possibly the problem. But why does ever y other use device I put in there work?

Either way. My wife has an Air book.. what is the vm thing you guys speak of. I would be happy if one of the 2 house laptops could hook to the Mitras one way or another lol

Aqua-Digital
03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Depends on the complexity of the device.

We also have win8 users with no issues so it also is machine dependent by the looks which makes it even harder to resolve.

subman
03-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Vm is virtual machine basically running windows on you mac

Aqua-Digital
03-22-2013, 10:53 PM
I know it turns a Mac into something useful other than a passing fashion statement .........oh cra-p just lit the fuse there didnt I :)

:popcorn:

Jakegr
03-23-2013, 12:33 AM

I think GHL is in danger of losing customers to Apex simply because of Mac compatibility. $50,000 in sales is essentially 50 Profilux III's. I'm one customer that is considering changing over in a few years if the compatibility still isn't there, and I could imagine there are at least 49 others around the world that may be thinking the same thing. So yes, I do think it is worth GHL's time and money.

subman
03-23-2013, 12:46 AM
I personally love for GHL to move to a web based controller, thus avoiding the Operating system problems. {IE Apex}

Aqua-Digital
03-23-2013, 12:59 AM
I think GHL is in danger of losing customers to Apex simply because of Mac compatibility. $50,000 in sales is essentially 50 Profilux III's. I'm one customer that is considering changing over in a few years if the compatibility still isn't there, and I could imagine there are at least 49 others around the world that may be thinking the same thing. So yes, I do think it is worth GHL's time and money.

One calculation issue here, where does $1,000 NET profit come from a GHL ProfiLux controller sale come from based on 50 sales = $50,000?

GHL is a global product, if they felt it was worth it they would do it, they are not blind to Mac users there just simply is not the global user base there is with Microsoft to make the expense worth it.

Aqua-Digital
03-23-2013, 01:00 AM
I personally love for GHL to move to a web based controller, thus avoiding the Operating system problems. {IE Apex}

Web based cant control the massive amount of data the GHL pushes, over 11,000 programmable inputs. You need a good sized web server to handle that.

Jakegr
03-23-2013, 02:26 AM
One calculation issue here, where does $1,000 NET profit come from a GHL ProfiLux controller sale come from based on 50 sales = $50,000?

GHL is a global product, if they felt it was worth it they would do it, they are not blind to Mac users there just simply is not the global user base there is with Microsoft to make the expense worth it.

You said "would GHL get $50,000 of sales for this development"... I'm not in the retail industry so I did not know that meant profit.

I know GHL knows what it is doing - they make great computers - but that doesn't mean they are above critique and that every business decision they make is the right one. In my view, in order to stay competitive a business needs to invest in its product. Even if that investment does not immediately result in profit, it will keep their product competitive with others in the industry and at least sustain current profit levels.

I know you are not really part of GHL, so I'm not being critical of you at all.

reeferfulton
03-23-2013, 05:51 AM
In my opinion .

They will have have to fix this issue with windows 8 . This light just launched . so if they intend on being around and supporting they will have to bite the bullet . With the way people upgrade computers these days . it wont be long till there are many people with this same issue ..

If i had to guess its just a matter of time before the new software is written to fix this issue .

I im baffled beyond belief that a 1200 dollar Computer controlled light that just came out wont hook up to a 300 dollar laptop .....

rant to be continued lol

side not .. love the light otherwise so far

Aqua-Digital
03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
You said "would GHL get $50,000 of sales for this development"... I'm not in the retail industry so I did not know that meant profit.

I know GHL knows what it is doing - they make great computers - but that doesn't mean they are above critique and that every business decision they make is the right one. In my view, in order to stay competitive a business needs to invest in its product. Even if that investment does not immediately result in profit, it will keep their product competitive with others in the industry and at least sustain current profit levels.

I know you are not really part of GHL, so I'm not being critical of you at all.

This must of been a typo on my part as it costs $50,000+ not $50,000 of sales.

Manufacturers as a whole steer clear of Mac software due to the cost, the Mac user base within the reef industry user base simply is not there yet for the return. You would need well over 500,000 sales with all the profit going to just this one option for it to pay off. The expense issue is because of the massive complexity of the GHL software its not just a few inputs that have to be written.

Aqua-Digital
03-23-2013, 11:21 AM
In my opinion .

They will have have to fix this issue with windows 8 . This light just launched . so if they intend on being around and supporting they will have to bite the bullet . With the way people upgrade computers these days . it wont be long till there are many people with this same issue ..

If i had to guess its just a matter of time before the new software is written to fix this issue .

I im baffled beyond belief that a 1200 dollar Computer controlled light that just came out wont hook up to a 300 dollar laptop .....

rant to be continued lol

side not .. love the light otherwise so far

The issue as I said before is with windows, GHL can not fix a windows issue, however just like other companies they are looking for work around yes, and as proven many many Win8 users are happily using the software without issue, so that alone shows you its not a GHL issue.

How can GHL write a fix for every laptop out there that uses a different driver set for windows 8 because windows 8 performs in different ways on different systems.

Its like buying a Ford and expecting Audi to fix your dodgy wipers.

The IMPORTANT thing here is

1. are there win 8 users using the software - Yes (LOTS)
2. is GHL offering active support on the forums to help those that are having issues - Yes
3. Is debating it here going to fix your connection issue - NO

Solution - Go to www.profiluxsupport.com post your issue and allow GHL to work with you to help you get connected with the cruddy old Win 8

But a very important end note I do want to thank everyone of you for your very kind support of the GHL Mitras and that you all have seen how amazing the product is in both light effect and quality. And I am sorry for those that have had issues with Win 8 and hope you do come to understand its not directly a GHL issue, but GHL will do what they can to help those out that have fallen on sword of Microsofts latest offering.

Thanks guys :smile:

Aqua-Digital
03-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Tank update pictures. As you can see the Monti colour is coming on fast!

Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 0.005
P04 = 00.00
Phosphorous = 0.036PPB
Ca = 420
ALK = 7.5
Mg = 1260
Salinity = 52.7
tank temp = 26.6c (80f)
Redox = 345 and climbing
pH = between 7.95 - 8.01 depending on time of day

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/884403_450342521710864_794863478_o.jpg

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/882173_450342175044232_795834012_o.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/901399_450342475044202_1321906308_o.jpg

Skimmerking
03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
I love windows 8.
Make that 2mike and I went from XP professional to it I said a few curse words at first thou lol but it's not bad

Edmonton newbie
03-30-2013, 03:44 PM
with only one can i be in the club too? :mrgreen:

Aqua-Digital
03-30-2013, 05:15 PM
everyone is welcome ;)

reeferfulton
03-31-2013, 07:56 PM
id like to report that out of the blue i tried one more time with the mitras to connect .

It now connects .. no idea why . I didnt change anything .
so i am a happy camper .

Does anyone that has been running these have any light profiles that they are happy with . ?

i would like to try a few different ones out .
would be awesome
thanks

monza
04-14-2013, 04:18 AM
everyone is welcome ;)

Except MAC users...

The Codfather
04-14-2013, 04:55 AM
Except MAC users...

I run my profilux quite easily off my Mac FYI.............

Gizmoh
04-20-2013, 04:35 PM
I am going to be picking up a couple of these beauties for my new build. What I was wondering is if I could see some pictures of how people are hanging them, I'm going to have semi low clearance on a vaulted ceiling so I am just trying to do some pre planning.

Thanks guys!

subman
04-22-2013, 02:28 AM
I'm trying to save my profile to share with another canreefer but can't figure out how to save the profile. Anyone give me instructions.

subman
04-22-2013, 03:58 AM
I am going to be picking up a couple of these beauties for my new build. What I was wondering is if I could see some pictures of how people are hanging them, I'm going to have semi low clearance on a vaulted ceiling so I am just trying to do some pre planning.

Thanks guys!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/subman001/20130324_141248_zpsa235645b.jpg
I made a rack out of aluminium L brackets. Because I didn't want to drill any more holes in the ceiling. It also gave me options to add and move fixtures as needed.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/subman001/2013-04-12203937_zps5c6ca2df.jpg

Aqua-Digital
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm trying to save my profile to share with another canreefer but can't figure out how to save the profile. Anyone give me instructions.

composer
project
click save

subman
04-23-2013, 04:58 PM
http://db.tt/NnBpFFi2
Here is a link to my Mitra profile if anyone want to give it a shot

lastlight
04-23-2013, 05:20 PM
How high are people running their red channels out of curiosity?

Skimmerking
04-23-2013, 05:27 PM
buy one and figure it out slow running guy :mrgreen:

lastlight
04-23-2013, 05:37 PM

i'm running one mr speedy =)

just wondering if there are levels to stay below to slow the algae. obviously i'm aware nutrients fuel its growth but maybe i can help the situation by lowering my reds.

kien
04-23-2013, 05:38 PM

he's had a Mitras for months now. Keep up will ya!

Skimmerking
04-23-2013, 05:46 PM
ya ya ya ya ya

Aqua-Digital
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
I am running a 13k program at 40% brightness the tank is currently just LPS but will raise to 60% max shortly.

sphelps
04-23-2013, 06:03 PM

Both my red channels run at around 30% most of the day. They peak first for a red-ish morning then maintain intensity until later at night.

lastlight
04-23-2013, 06:16 PM

I haven't even upgraded in that time. Where has the guy BEEN?

monza
04-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Mac question, it can run with VM, safe to assume there are also people running Parallels?

Scythanith
04-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Yep, I run control centre in Parallels.

monza
04-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Yep, I run control centre in Parallels.

Cool, thanks, is it pretty straight forward? I don't have any experience running Parallels.

Scythanith
04-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Parallels is extremely easy to install. You need a copy of windows to load onto it though. Then once you have installed windows, you install Control Centre, upload the newest drivers and away you go. I haven't messed with Control Centre too much. I have a light profile I am going to load up from a fellow from Australia. He has an amazing tank and has worked with the Mitras quite a bit.

Cheers,
Scott

monza
04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Thanks!

Aqua-Digital
05-08-2013, 11:42 PM
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?6984-GHL-Control-Center-1-0-2-7&p=45745#post45745

download from the GHL site.

For any questions or support please post on link above.

Aqua-Digital
05-25-2013, 09:32 PM
My tank under Mitras

http://marcphoto.ca/AquaDigital/content/images/large/DSC_0661.jpg

http://marcphoto.ca/AquaDigital/content/images/large/DSC_0666.jpg

http://marcphoto.ca/AquaDigital/content/images/large/DSC_0649.jpg

http://marcphoto.ca/AquaDigital/content/images/large/DSC_0652.jpg

http://marcphoto.ca/AquaDigital/content/images/large/DSC_0655.jpg

http://marcphoto.ca/AquaDigital/content/images/large/DSC_0672.jpg

http://marcphoto.ca/AquaDigital/content/images/large/DSC_0678.jpg

http://marcphoto.ca/AquaDigital/content/images/large/DSC_0683.jpg

http://marcphoto.ca/AquaDigital/content/images/large/DSC_0689.jpg

Aqua-Digital
06-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Thanks Aaron for this review

Please see here

Ok, so I’ve been running this beast of a light for almost a month now. It’s time to give my thoughts on it, for those who are interested in the lighting unit. I’ve been posting bits and pieces as I’ve gone along but I'll bring it all together into one place.

First Impressions of the light unit were very good, well crafted, sleek and it looked the business. Build quality is top notch, same as with any other GHL product I own. The sunglasses you get with them are a nice touch; I may even use them this summer.

When I turned them on, the first thing that jumped out at me was the spread from the unit; I had dark areas from the previous lighting being used but not anymore. The unit is hung at exactly the same height as it’s at the very top of my hanging bracket. With the spread being so good, I reckon one unit could easily do 3 foot long and 2 foot wide. I run mine currently at 70% peak 10 inches from the waters surface. So raising them further and increasing the intensity would improve the spread no doubt.

The initial set up for me had some issues, this was surrounding using VMware as a virtual machine, I couldn’t get drivers to install and I managed to resolve it using Bootcamp in the end. Programming the lights was pretty simple, having used the illumination program in the Profilux before there are some similarities in the software. This made life easier for me. Something I really like is when you have created a custom Kelvin, this can be saved and applied all across the lighting run quickly and easily. The colour rendition is fantastic, lots of flexibility to cater for different tastes, the hyper violet LED’s make the colours of the corals really pop. The software makes it very easy to make tweaks to your lighting schedule, I haven't explored all features of the software yet as I've been happy with my current settings. They seem to be working for me so in reluctant to change anything.

Performance wise, the original corals I had prior to the swap over are now showing good colouration, except one, which was like this prior to the change over. It's a green Digi, which refuses to colour up for some reason. I've noticed in the last week some corals starting to base out and signs of growth in the tips of others. My red Goniopora has now made a full recovery; I was on the verge of binning it at one point when I got it back from the shop. The fans are very quiet whilst the unit is running, unless I put my ear to the unit I cannot hear them when they are working at 80%ish.

The simulation is pretty cool, I was a fan of rolling cloud cover in the Profilux so I was glad to see it incorporated in the Mitras. I should imagine over a longer tank the rolling cloud cover would look even better, starting from one end and moving across the tank.

I updated the firmware last night for the first time, it was very easy and a simple process from start to finish. It went through without any hiccups so I'm now on 1.13. The Control Centre software tells you when an update is available when the lights are connected which is a nice touch.

What I don't like about the lights - there's not a lot really, being a snobby Mac user and having no software for OS X available is my only dislike. That's my own choice of OS and it's not a deal breaker though. I have no issues or concerns with how the light performs, from what I've seen in the last week it certainly grows corals and I'm pleased with the results as I've always struggled with SPS corals in the past. I would like to see connectivity with the Profilux, I believe this is in the pipeline.

It's the same with using the Profilux, there's a slight annoyance in having to use Windows but it's something I can live with.

I would really like to see some Mac support though at some point.

Original post and replies
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/showthread.php?7116-Mitras-LX6200HV-Review&p=46618#post46618

Phil
06-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Just picked mine up yesterday :)

neoh
06-17-2013, 04:07 AM
I wish I was in the club. I don't really like my Vertex Illumina!

Scythanith
06-17-2013, 04:21 AM
I can't wait to get my three mounted! :)

Aqua-Digital
06-17-2013, 11:04 AM
I wish I was in the club. I don't really like my Vertex Illumina!

Good time to join right now while the discount lasts see my post on our forum

it only has short run time though.

Aqua-Digital
06-19-2013, 04:10 PM
corals under mitras photos

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2881/9084184347_78f563f9f3_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2855/9084045659_ed24b64681_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2833/9086242000_7a5b5c1f95_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3683/9057294683_d377b28513_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7425/9059548554_92d5e6b1bb_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7313/9059646648_3baff7d187_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7430/9059705902_c2ea0c9ff5_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2856/9057635051_cb55828839_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7343/9059796824_6079982954_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3762/9058309720_8246da68e5_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3762/9058330414_3f7d4b61ae_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3777/9084308079_24e4625ec5_b.jpg

apexifd
06-19-2013, 04:19 PM
I can't wait for my 6200HV to arrive.

deeznutz
06-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Good time to join right now while the discount lasts see my post on our forum

it only has short run time though.

Could you please direct me to the link? Pm or hyper link it please.

thanks

-dan

Aqua-Digital
06-20-2013, 02:10 AM
the deal has expired two days ago.

moppy
06-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Anybody know where I could order one of the GHL Mitras if I wanted one?

apexifd
06-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Anybody know where I could order one of the GHL Mitras if I wanted one?

I think there are only few dealers in GVRD, and doubt any of them has it in stock.

Aqua-Digital
06-21-2013, 11:23 AM
Wais aquarium and also Concepts, red corals have them in stock all the time, they are in Alberta. So do Dereks Reef shop and Bayside corals

Many dealers do not stock very high end goods opting more to buy to order which is no problem as we always have plentiful supply. So to be honest other than the one mentioned you can choose any dealer you like just ask them to contact us so we can open an account for them to purchase for you.

Skimmerking
06-30-2013, 06:03 PM
well im going to ramp mine up after the temp tank is up til I move what a site for sore eyes this light hanger I made lol any ways I would like to get the latest firmware for the light Mike where do I go to get it.

Aqua-Digital
06-30-2013, 06:42 PM
www.aquariumcomputer.com the firmware is embedded in the software so once you install the software then click on firmware update and follow the very important instructions.

Skimmerking
07-01-2013, 08:52 PM
ok I have the light going AND now I got the program center installed. and it wont connect. I do have windows 8 on my lap top too.

apexifd
07-01-2013, 09:10 PM
ok I have the light going AND now I got the program center installed. and it wont connect. I do have windows 8 on my lap top too.

I use XP on my Mac to connect to the light. It needed to installed some sort of driver.

Aqua-Digital
07-01-2013, 09:13 PM
windows 8 is a pain you have to first deselect driver signature in security and then install a different driver.

if you need 2nd level support please create an account at www.profiluxsupport.com and GHL will direct you to the drivers as I dont have them

Aqua-Digital
07-01-2013, 09:15 PM
First make sure you have set the com port of course

Install software without lamp connected, then connect lamp and wait a few minutes

click connect, if it says cant connect then follow the dialogue box to go to device manager and make sure the driver is present, if so note the com port and then enter that into the software.

More help? sign up to the forum for correct support. thanks

Aqua-Digital
07-01-2013, 09:24 PM
To get started:
1.From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
2.Click ‘More PC Settings’.
3.Click ‘General’.
4.Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
5.Wait a bit.
6.Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
7.Click ‘Advanced Options’
8.Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
9.Click Restart.
When your computer restarts, select ‘Disable driver signature enforcement‘ from the list. You can now load your modified driver. Reboot again once the driver is installed and all will be well

driver
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=39

Skimmerking
07-02-2013, 12:43 PM
wow thanks mike I will look into it today this light is DA bomb I love it

Skimmerking
07-02-2013, 04:01 PM
well ended up using my wifes work laptop to download the softwware. got it all sorted out and tits still not showing the update on the GHL control center. I have the program opened and can play along with it but the update firmware is still showing 1.07 updated last time was 31 mar 2012

Skimmerking
07-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Now the driver wont take it

Skimmerking
07-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Well I have another question the instructions is lacking and maybe im not used to the fancy light. The lights coming on at 7am and I cant for the life of me figure out how to load a light setting or change it.

apexifd
07-03-2013, 12:42 AM
When you get it connect to the control center, go into the light composer. load up a default profile, pick the time that you want to modify, select color temp, and intensity.

once all change to your liking, upload it to the mitras.

Skimmerking
07-03-2013, 12:50 AM
oh really that easy let me go try that/

Rice Reef
07-03-2013, 03:16 AM
So it's been 4-5 months since I turned the Mitras on. I think there are at least a few updates I have to do... Since I have two Mitras do I update one at a time or can I wire one in and it will auto update the other at the same time?

Thanks.

Kevotron
07-03-2013, 08:06 AM
I am planning on a 36x36x24 tank, would one mitra be enough spread ?

Aqua-Digital
07-03-2013, 11:48 AM
So it's been 4-5 months since I turned the Mitras on. I think there are at least a few updates I have to do... Since I have two Mitras do I update one at a time or can I wire one in and it will auto update the other at the same time?

Thanks.

Need to be updated one at a time by direct USB connection

Aqua-Digital
07-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I am planning on a 36x36x24 tank, would one mitra be enough spread ?

I have one on a 36x32x24 and I have light overspill ;) You will have good coverage at that size.

Aqua-Digital
07-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Well I have another question the instructions is lacking and maybe im not used to the fancy light. The lights coming on at 7am and I cant for the life of me figure out how to load a light setting or change it.

Hint - when setting schedule make sure you have a 0% intensity stop time and a 0% intensity start time unless you want the lamp on all night

for example

11pm - 0% intensity - 14k temp
7am - 0% intensity - 14k temp

Aqua-Digital
07-03-2013, 11:53 AM
well ended up using my wifes work laptop to download the softwware. got it all sorted out and tits still not showing the update on the GHL control center. I have the program opened and can play along with it but the update firmware is still showing 1.07 updated last time was 31 mar 2012

Two reasons

1. Using older software (the firmware is embedded into the software)
2. You missed a step when doing the firmware update, i.e not power cycling the lamp after the update is finished)

Hint - Windows has a habit of overlapping USB ports so sometimes when you plug a USB device in it will not connect due to a conflict - blame windows :( and dont shoot the messenger either ;) Simply remove the USB cable, wait a few moments, reconnect and keep your fingers crossed. If it still wont connect make sure windows has not run off with the COM port, go to device manager and make sure the COM port is still the same.

Further support on this topic by me or GHL can be answered by posting here www.profiluxsupport.com

Skimmerking
07-03-2013, 03:47 PM
thanks Mike

Aqua-Digital
07-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Please find below a very easy to follow step by step guide to the GHL Mitras LED light composer

http://youtu.be/-7txuIXMdB4

Aqua-Digital
07-15-2013, 10:07 AM
we created a new driver for the Mitras, this driver has a signature and the Win 8 problems should disappear with this

the new driver is included in the new GHL Control Center, version 1.0.3.0, available for download from today on

-> please install the new GCC
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=96

and include the new driver when connecting the lamp

Skimmerking
07-17-2013, 05:27 PM
ok i have another question it seems that my lights are not very bright. i have them on 50% for lights and the intensity is at 50-58% should i up them to a higher dose in the intensity

Aqua-Digital
07-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Be very careful the Mitras has a very balanced spectrum, as you move one slider you will see others rise and fall. Intensity is only a small part of the equation.

If you feel it is not bright enough then raise the brightness.

Delphinus
07-18-2013, 01:14 AM
What does it mean if the 'X' on the control panel is flashing?

Aqua-Digital
07-18-2013, 07:20 AM
it means to upgrade your software and firmware to the latest version.

Skimmerking
07-18-2013, 09:07 PM
ok Im really getting ****ed with this light. 2 computers and still it wont up grade and load the darn drivers I have followed the instructions and still nothing.
I have down loaded the GHl Center and loaded it and down loaded the latest drivers and still its telling me its not loaded and can not find the drivers.

for suck a fancy light its sure being a RPITA

Aqua-Digital
07-18-2013, 09:36 PM
as I have said before if you are stuck then get support instead of ranting frustration it does not get us anywhere in helping you, which them just leads to more furstration for all concerned.

The win8 issue is not a mitras issue however if you join the support forum then you can get access to the latest patches which are not available here, until then its hard to give proper support.

please join www.profiluxsupport.com then we can help you out and get up and running.

But yes win8 is a PITA and I doubt 8.1 will be much better, I cnat even get my sony camera to connect through it.

Phil
07-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Ok my right arrow stays flashing is there something wrong with it

Skimmerking
07-23-2013, 01:18 AM
as I have said before if you are stuck then get support instead of ranting frustration it does not get us anywhere in helping you, which them just leads to more furstration for all concerned.

The win8 issue is not a mitras issue however if you join the support forum then you can get access to the latest patches which are not available here, until then its hard to give proper support.

please join www.profiluxsupport.com then we can help you out and get up and running.

But yes win8 is a PITA and I doubt 8.1 will be much better, I cnat even get my sony camera to connect through it.
Well i would like to ask here first before making the trekk over to the other board. because maybe some people on here may have has had this happen to them. So they would chime in before i head over to the other board.

Aqua-Digital
07-23-2013, 06:34 AM
Ok my right arrow stays flashing is there something wrong with it

Hi

3 firmware versions ago had a small bug that made the touch keys too sensitive this was addressed in a few firmware versions back, so you just need to update your firmware.

This is all covered on the support forum, I do suggest all Mitras owners sign up to the support forum so they have access to all the latest info including tyhe newly released firmware this week

www.profiluxsupport.com

MitchM
07-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Mike, did you get it going?
I have a new Windows 8 laptop and just got the firmware updated on my Mitras.
Let me know if I can help.

Skimmerking
07-24-2013, 03:38 AM
Mike, did you get it going?
I have a new Windows 8 laptop and just got the firmware updated on my Mitras.
Let me know if I can help.
thanks Mitch I really appreciate it. ya shoot me a pm and I will call you after supper tomorrow ok.

thanks again

letsdiscus
09-26-2013, 03:22 PM
hi, I just downloaed the latest firmware on my Mitras and my new 93 gallon has just started cycling.
- Do i need to download any pre-configured programs.
- Should i be starting my Mitras during the Cycling stage.

Any help is much appreciated.

Aqua-Digital
09-26-2013, 06:23 PM
no you can start a template from scratch or cheat and email me for mine ;) info@ghlna.com

always best to start as you go on so yes start now.

letsdiscus
09-26-2013, 09:03 PM
no you can start a template from scratch or cheat and email me for mine ;) info@ghlna.com

always best to start as you go on so yes start now.
Thanks Michael. So that means I shud start the LEDs during cycling stage now. Any help how many hours and what color/ intensity I shud be keeping it on .

Aqua-Digital
09-26-2013, 09:07 PM
around 50% and normal hours you would a light.

letsdiscus
09-27-2013, 01:32 AM
Many thanks..

Delphinus
10-11-2013, 03:30 AM
Question - what height are people running theirs at over the water surface?

xenon
10-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Question - what height are people running theirs at over the water surface?

We run ours @ 14.5" above the surface but I doubt that is the recommended height.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26003034/CanadaCorals.com/height.jpg

Delphinus
10-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Oh wow.

The reason I ask is I'm running mine at 6" above the surface, but after 2 months with them, I'm starting to notice colour loss in a lot of SPS (getting way more pastel-ish in colour - polyps have colour but white in between the polyps). Am I running mine too low? I put in 3 Mitras, each replacing a 400W Radiums on lumenarc reflectors.

xenon
10-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh wow.

The reason I ask is I'm running mine at 6" above the surface, but after 2 months with them, I'm starting to notice colour loss in a lot of SPS (getting way more pastel-ish in colour - polyps have colour but white in between the polyps). Am I running mine too low? I put in 3 Mitras, each replacing a 400W Radiums on lumenarc reflectors.

I would just dial back the overall intensity. There is no reason to move them up unless you want more light spread.

JDigital
10-11-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm running my around 12" off the water surface, but I'm also trying to determine if the LEDs are what is causing my SPS to constantly die. So I've raised them up and dial them down in overall intensity.

Aqua-Digital
10-11-2013, 02:50 PM
The units have significant power, if you are losing colour then lower the intensity. I run mine at 80% but only for 2 hours during the peak. 12" above the water.

I cant imagine die off has anything to do with a lamp, the coral would go white due to high intensity before dying and would not be quick.

Delphinus
10-11-2013, 03:02 PM
There's no die off (at least not yet), just loss of colour saturation.

I'll try adjusting the programming and lowering the intensity. Sounds like it could be too bright / too close (at least I'm not running at the higher intensity settings!).

Rice Reef
10-11-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm running my around 12" off the water surface, but I'm also trying to determine if the LEDs are what is causing my SPS to constantly die. So I've raised them up and dial them down in overall intensity.

There's no die off (at least not yet), just loss of colour saturation.

I'll try adjusting the programming and lowering the intensity. Sounds like it could be too bright / too close (at least I'm not running at the higher intensity settings!).

I have mine 7 inches above waterline and I find corals on the higher end of the rocks are encrusting and growing better then ones placed lower. Colors are excellent, no colors fading or dying off. With that being said, these corals are sps and I would not place LPS or softies high. I now run 100% intensity for I think 3-4 hrs and I also have a lot of flow in my tank which I think helps as well.

lastlight
10-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I've done two things recently even tho you're only supposed to make one change at a time.

- raised the lights a bit each day so the wife doesn't notice. initially she said the light bleed to her spot on the couch was a problem but i did this a while ago without her noticing. now i'm probably 8 or 9 inches off the water and plan to eventually hit 12" or so.

- dropped both my cool white and neutral white by a lot. trying a more blue spectrum to see how things react. i reduced their output a lot while also turning the overall power from 60% to 100%. my tank looks a bit brighter but the corals are probably getting the same or a little less light than before (higher up, less white more blue).

so far so good. my tank was crazy pale and i had a few sps start to go which has never happened to me before.

as i mentioned last night tho tony i've also started feeding heavier too.

sphelps
10-11-2013, 08:07 PM
- raised the lights a bit each day so the wife doesn't notice. initially she said the light bleed to her spot on the couch was a problem but i did this a while ago without her noticing. now i'm probably 8 or 9 inches off the water and plan to eventually hit 12" or so.

This could be a great scientific study. Do you know what this could mean for man kind if she doesn't notice that much of an increase in height considering her previous complaints? It's proving a theory we could all only dream about.

Aqua-Digital
10-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Just a little Fyi
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=101407

:mrgreen:

Gobble Gobble Gobble :lol:

Aqua-Digital
10-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Here are some Mitras LED photos to enjoy

Mine first :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1025299_538639946214454_1094381165_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1379282_538612522883863_1532073268_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1383509_538612506217198_794692774_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1381272_538612209550561_281556007_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1376315_538612159550566_1020130436_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/5834_538612116217237_1110878836_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/988736_538611869550595_1536371191_n.jpg

Aqua-Digital
10-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Large photo sorry :(

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1403572_538605556217893_1597819157_o.jpg

Aqua-Digital
10-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks to Rotknee for these

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Rodney100UV_B_RB1.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Rodney100UV_B_RB2.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Rodney100UV_B_RB3.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Rodney100UV_B_RB4.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Rodney100UV_B_RB5.jpg[/QUOTE]

Nov 27th 2012
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/112512TankPics029.jpg

Dec 28th 2012
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/IMG_1334_zps2161584f-1_zps1982e4b9.jpg

Aqua-Digital
10-25-2013, 03:52 PM
some others, thanks to gnisten for these

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Denmark1.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Denmark2.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Denmark5.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Denmark3.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc265/BigAl07_01/Equipment/GHL%20ProfiLux%20Controller/GHL%20Mitras%20LED/Denmark4.jpg

JDigital
10-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Iphone hates Mitras. :(

Aqua-Digital
10-25-2013, 04:41 PM
fine with me :) I hate iphones ;)

Delphinus
10-25-2013, 05:22 PM
(Don't you mean iHate iPhones?)

What size is the tank with 4?

Aqua-Digital
10-25-2013, 06:27 PM
96" but 3 would have been enough the spread is proven by Dr Sanjay Joshi independent lab test at 36 x36

xenon
10-25-2013, 06:32 PM
96" but 3 would have been enough the spread is proven by Dr Sanjay Joshi independent lab test at 36 x36

We use 6 Mitras over each of our 96" x 48" tanks and the light spread is perfect!

Aqua-Digital
10-25-2013, 06:35 PM
if it was not for the 48" wide you could of got away with the 3 also, but shows 3 for the 96" length is perfect for sure.

Delphinus
10-25-2013, 08:18 PM
What height does that tank (the one I asked about with the 4) have the units above the waterline?

I never thought I'd say this with a straight face but ... I like his rack.

Also, what on earth is the UFO shaped thing on the bracing?

Aqua-Digital
10-25-2013, 08:41 PM
the units are about 12" above water line

no idea on UFO ;)

Aqua-Digital
10-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks Aaron for these amazing photos of his Mitras illuminated tank

5 months old. 4 months under the Mitras.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5509/10121269413_784c6237f8_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10121269413/)
October FTS (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10121269413/) by --Aaron-- (http://www.flickr.com/people/81953602@N06/)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5324/10121210713_646428ab8f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10121210713/)
October FTS (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10121210713/) by --Aaron-- (http://www.flickr.com/people/81953602@N06/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7368/10254017604_1439809b67_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10254017604/)
Top Down October (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10254017604/) by --Aaron-- (http://www.flickr.com/people/81953602@N06/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7384/10254327583_92098e6239_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10254327583/)
Top Down October (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10254327583/) by --Aaron-- (http://www.flickr.com/people/81953602@N06/)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5491/10367282663_044d5f2d48_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10367282663/)
Stag (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10367282663/) by --Aaron-- (http://www.flickr.com/people/81953602@N06/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7438/10366977524_e9b4792dfa_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10366977524/)
Orange Digi (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10366977524/) by --Aaron-- (http://www.flickr.com/people/81953602@N06/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7418/10367114843_60025f90d0_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10367114843/)
Blue Millipora (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10367114843/) by --Aaron-- (http://www.flickr.com/people/81953602@N06/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3737/10366884574_fe804b5d10_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10366884574/)
Acropora subulata (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10366884574/) by --Aaron-- (http://www.flickr.com/people/81953602@N06/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3668/10158812014_8d879310d1_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10158812014/)
Acropora (http://www.flickr.com/photos/81953602@N06/10158812014/) by --Aaron-- (http://www.flickr.com/people/81953602@N06/)

Aqua-Digital
11-05-2013, 01:45 PM
ProfiLux Control 6 is completely renewed with the Light Composer from GHL Control Center.

You will be able to load Mitras *.lpc files in the new version of ProfiLux Control and easily set up the Illumination with ProfiLux Control.

The ProfiLux Computer will work as master and control all your Mitras lamps (they should be set to slave mode).

The thunderstorm synchronisation between ProfiLux and Mitras is also implemented.

Each Illumination channel can be separately controlled and set up directly from ProfiLux Control.

You can also use our smartphone apps to manually control the brightness of each channel.

New versions of profilux control, profilux and mitras firmware will be available to download within a shortly at www.aquariumcomputer.com

KevinK
11-12-2013, 02:33 AM
i dont have mitras, and more a diy set up, however want to add green and red led

So now i can putlets say 10 red and 10 green and have them blasting 50% or 5 red and 5 green at 100%

So if you would have them at 50% and you have ..... Number per unit, it gives me some insight in how many i would use at 100%

Reason for this is becouse i have all my dimming drivers in use, and have a few CC drivers left

Aqua-Digital
11-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi
You can set the mitras LED channels to anything you wish if you only wish to run reds and greens then this is fine just set the rest of the channels to 0% you can then adjust the red and green channels to any % intensity you wish.

KevinK
11-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi
You can set the mitras LED channels to anything you wish if you only wish to run reds and greens then this is fine just set the rest of the channels to 0% you can then adjust the red and green channels to any % intensity you wish.

I do understand that each channel can go from 0 to 100

Question is, what douse men have the red and green at,

I know this is preference, however if the average has them at 20%and there would be 7 above a tank, than in my case it would be the same as 1 at 100% (+- whatever my preference is.

Same is if in general thy have them at 50% than i would have some indication that maybe I should use 3 at 100% for each 6 at 50% on he mitras.

Sorry, the factory build units are out of my budget, and i already have a 200+ led rig, that I want to adjust a bit in to a full spectrum Unit

Skimmerking
11-18-2013, 07:12 PM
does anyome have some other specrturms that I can try say like the 8-10-12K range.. that is already done with a nice night time illumation
i thought that if I go that route i could raise my light a bit. for more of the spread.

Aqua-Digital
12-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Looks lime Elf on the shelf has gone fishing of the Mitras this Xmas!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1402846_559431114135337_1258027125_o.jpg

Aqua-Digital
12-04-2013, 06:27 PM
But wait, looks like Elfie is into a whopper!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1073829_559618860783229_1871925598_o.jpg

check back to see what Elfie has caught everyone ;)

Aqua-Digital
12-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Look what Elfie caught!!! a nice pair of Mitras Sunglasses! Well done Elfie nice catch!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1403183_559862940758821_1123614834_o.jpg

Scythanith
12-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Crazy elf!

BlueTang<3
12-05-2013, 04:02 AM
And here I thought he was reeling in some massive savings for the canadian user base.

He probally actually caught the order sheet I am sending in shortly, piles of food controller and ballin salts for me...

Soon I will have wireless control of the mitras.

Anyone else want to share there light profiles ?' I am using submans right now.

Scythanith
12-05-2013, 04:45 AM
I am using Australian reefer Rodnyei's project. But he went back to T5's so I don't know if that's a good thing :)

lastlight
12-05-2013, 04:48 AM
Great idea Michael my kids are going to love this.

http://www.fishbrains.net/images/93/elf.jpg

Aqua-Digital
12-05-2013, 10:47 AM
thats brilliant.

wayner
12-05-2013, 11:44 AM
I dunno - it's 550 in the morn and first thing I see is this elf with a woodie sitting on on light fixture

reefwars
12-05-2013, 12:47 PM
I dunno - it's 550 in the morn and first thing I see is this elf with a woodie sitting on on light fixture

Country kitchen buffet ? :mrgreen:

Aqua-Digital
12-07-2013, 11:23 AM
http://reefbuilders.com/files/2013/12/wettbewerb-620x468.jpg

All the effort you put into your aquarium deserves to be rewarded and eight lucky winners in its GHL Aquarium Photo Contest. What can you win? If you have the best photo, you can win a voucher equal to €1000 or one of eight prizes that range from €100 prize all the way to the top prize of €1000.

To enter the contest, just submit up to three images between now and December 24 to the contest tab on https://www.facebook.com/GHLGermany. Once the entry period is over, the winning images will be selected by fan voting on the GHL Facebook Page between December 25 and December 31, 2013.

Here is the breakdown of prizes (all vouchers will be in local currency):

1st Place: GHL voucher at a value of €1000
2st Place: Voucher at a value of €500
3rd Place: Voucher at a value of €250
4th-8th Place: Voucher at a value of €250
Good luck!

xenon
12-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Are stores allowed to enter the contest? :mrgreen:

Aqua-Digital
12-07-2013, 03:54 PM
LOL :lol:

Jakegr
02-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Has anyone has problems with the Mitras "pulsing" constantly throughout the day? In about 10-20 second intervals, the light has been continuously ramping up and down for the last week. I have checked through the software and I don't think there is any problem there. At first I thought it was a bad cloud setting or something, but I have turned cloudy days off now.

Rice Reef
02-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Has anyone has problems with the Mitras "pulsing" constantly throughout the day? In about 10-20 second intervals, the light has been continuously ramping up and down for the last week. I have checked through the software and I don't think there is any problem there. At first I thought it was a bad cloud setting or something, but I have turned cloudy days off now.

I've never had that happening before... I would check with Michael at AD and see if there are any similar issues at the GHL forum.

Jakegr
02-11-2014, 12:20 PM
I figured it out! But thanks for the help. I just gave in a reset the factory defaults and then manually re-did my light schedule. Still not sure what the problem was.

Aside from that minor issue, awesome light so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

monza
02-26-2014, 03:12 AM
Can a 6200 play well with 6100?s

On a tank 82" x 30" I'm going to mount three lights. I see lots of people mounting the lights perpendicular to the tank, I was thinking I'd mount them length wise with the tank???

Which way should I mount them?

Delphinus
02-26-2014, 03:55 AM
They can go together but it's better to not have them as master/slave but rather each their own because the channels aren't all the same. I have one 6200 that is master and 2 6100's and I'll be switching the pucks over to 6100. The effect is most noticeable during dusk and dawn that the colours aren't the same. High noon daytime you can't really tell.

I went perpendicular over 72" with 3 units but at 82" length and 3 I would be tempted to try parallel.

monza
02-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks Tony. Anyone else have feed back?

Cost of converting a 6100 to a 6200?

The Grizz
03-02-2014, 02:21 AM
This big bear has a big boy LX 6200HV now over my cube that is hooked into my 300. If the cost wasn't so much I would put 4 over the 300 as well, maybe in time I will save up and buy one at a time.

Now that being said if anyone has a good lighting project they would like to share with me to try out please send to grizzwelding@platinum.ca

Thanks in advance.

Phil
03-02-2014, 03:20 AM
Thanks Tony. Anyone else have feed back?

Cost of converting a 6100 to a 6200?

I did a thread on this

www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102908

xenon
03-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Does anyone have success keeping SPS well coloured under their GHL 6200 Mitras?

I have been struggling with coloration ever since I set them up 5 months ago.

I finally got my hands on a PAR meter today and I think I found my issue. I am getting just under 200 PAR at 8" bellow the surface. We all know that is not enough intensity for SPS.

I am currently using the following settings:

100% High Output mode.

60% Blue
100% Royal Blue
100% Blue white
0% Cool White
30% Natural White
30% Sky White
50% Red
0% Green
100% UV

I can achieve more PAR from these lights but then the color temp looks too yellow. We decided to take them down. We will be experimenting with different types of metal halide fixtures for our SPS system.

BlueTang<3
03-11-2014, 02:34 AM
I also am having trouble keeping my Sps colourful, tested par and mine is really low yet I have to keep scolys and clams in the shade as they bleach if I don't. I was told that par meters are very accurate with led as they cannot read certain spectrums. I notice top down my colours are starting to come in but from the front and sides it's brown blobs.

Rice Reef
03-11-2014, 05:39 AM
Try min the tooty fruity colours to 10% or less and run more cool white. This should help. I am running the 6100 and I have both blues, uv and cool white at 100% while others at 10% or less. I was running all the colours at 100% and all that got me was nuisance algae. I had reconfigured my lights in jan and saw nothing but improvements in coral colours. Since Jan I have also dropped the mitras down to 4 in above surface of the water.

reeferfulton
03-11-2014, 05:50 AM
Try min the tooty fruity colours to 10% or less and run more cool white. This should help. I am running the 6100 and I have both blues, uv and cool white at 100% while others at 10% or less. I was running all the colours at 100% and all that got me was nuisance algae. I had reconfigured my lights in jan and saw nothing but improvements in coral colours. Since Jan I have also dropped the mitras down to 4 in above surface of the water.

he does have great color for sure .. I now run my lights under the water line .. -1 inch lol just kidding .. Are you really down to 4" lol wow .

Rice Reef
03-11-2014, 06:16 AM
he does have great color for sure .. I now run my lights under the water line .. -1 inch lol just kidding .. Are you really down to 4" lol wow .

Well, u measured it for me! :twised:

lastlight
03-11-2014, 06:35 AM
Everything in my tank other than the sps loves the mitras. I might be slowly colouring a few sps up but it has been extremely frustrating.

Blue, Royal Blue, HV - 100%
Cool White, Green - 35%
Red, Hyper Red - 5%
Neutral White, Yellow - 10%

Light is about 7" off the surface at 70% intensity. I had to turn it down a while ago after the tank reacted badly to more light.

Scythanith
03-11-2014, 04:33 PM
That's an extremely poor showing for the lights… ouch! With the amount you'd invested in them I feel for you!

I finally got my hands on a PAR meter today and I think I found my issue. I am getting just under 200 PAR at 8" bellow the surface. We all know that is not enough intensity for SPS.

100% High Output mode.

60% Blue
100% Royal Blue
100% Blue white
0% Cool White
30% Natural White
30% Sky White
50% Red
0% Green
100% UV

I can achieve more PAR from these lights but then the color temp looks too yellow. We decided to take them down. We will be experimenting with different types of metal halide fixtures for our SPS system.

lastlight
03-11-2014, 05:00 PM

100% High Output mode.

60% Blue
100% Royal Blue
100% Blue white
0% Cool White
30% Natural White
30% Sky White
50% Red
0% Green
100% UV

I was wondering why you don't use the cool white's and kill the natural whites if you want more par and less yellow?

kien
03-11-2014, 07:12 PM
I was wondering why you don't use the cool white's and kill the natural whites if you want more par and less yellow?

I was curious about the same thing.

Looks like the Mitras are back in the spotlight! Get it? spotlight ? Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. Tip your waitress on the way out..

monza
10-15-2014, 02:12 AM
The splash guard/ shield or what ever you like to call it on my Mitras seems a bit 'fogged' right below the LED clusters, its not that bad but any suggestions how to clean it? I haven't tried anything yet and thought I'd ask first?

Aqua-Digital
10-15-2014, 02:18 AM
Like all things they need a bit of a service from time to time, here is the maintenance guide

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=78

You just need to clean the screen. two screws and out it comes ;) that easy.

Scythanith
10-15-2014, 03:26 AM
Now that I have a PAR meter I feel it's your lighting program that's hindering your PAR numbers, not the lights themselves. The lights are more than capable to produce 350+ PAR at that depth, but the white channels are required :)