PDA

View Full Version : PPE type paly ,how many kinds are there?

11purewater
12-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Can I see some pictures of the various PPE morphs opened and closed polyps and lighting they're under?

ScubaSteve
12-18-2012, 01:50 AM
You can try this site (http://zoaid.com/) for a ton of pictures of all things zoa and paly. You will find most there by searching for PPE. Kiss a few hours goodbye. You're welcome and I'm sorry :razz:

11purewater
12-18-2012, 02:04 AM
I know the site well,but I'm more interested on how the same polyp looks under different lighting,red PPe or magicians.Do they all have to have a green mouth?

ScubaSteve
12-18-2012, 02:18 AM
I know the site well,but I'm more interested on how the same polyp looks under different lighting,red PPe or magicians.Do they all have to have a green mouth?

Yes, I believe on of the defining features of the species we call "People Eaters" is the green mouth. All "People Eaters" I've ever ownedand seen had the characteristic green moth. PPEs without the green mouth are typically referred to as Jokers.

I unfortunately no longer have pictures of my paly's under different lighting due to a recent harddrive failure but for the most part I didn't find the colour changed tremendously under different lights but their size did, as well as the thickness of their tentacles. I've had them under PCs, halides and T5s. Halides and T5's certainly gave the best colours but the think the T5s gave them the best look.

11purewater
12-18-2012, 02:26 AM
I'll post some pics on my albums labelled unidentified, can you check it out?

11purewater
12-18-2012, 02:32 AM
these are bad pics i'll get some close ups soon:biggrin:

ScubaSteve
12-18-2012, 02:34 AM
I'll post some pics on my albums labelled unidentified, can you check it out?

Will do. I see no links there though, gangsta.

11purewater
12-18-2012, 02:50 AM
look again