PDA

View Full Version : ATI LED Powermodule

Werbo
12-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Is anybody else patiently waiting for the the release and pricing of the ATI LED Powermodule?

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/11/08/ati-led-powermodule/

freezetyle
12-18-2012, 03:40 AM
probably going to be one of the best fixtures out there!

freezetyle
03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/ati-led-powermodule-fixture

Price release!

kien
03-04-2013, 05:53 PM
ATI 60" 4x75W LED & 8x80W T5 LED-Powermodule .

Interesting! So, I noticed that the 60" version has like, 8T5s and 4 LED modules on the fixture. I'm curious, since you can easily grow stuff under the 8 T5s alone, what does adding the LED modules give you exactly (aside from a bit of shimmering) ? Don't get me wrong, it's a slick looking fixture, but if you have to swap out and replace the aging T5 bulbs anyway, that seems to negate one of the major benefits of LEDs no ?

phi delt reefer
03-04-2013, 05:57 PM
there's a lot of reefers going back to T5/ halides from LEDs and then supplementing with LEDS instead of using them as their main light source.

ATI is just capitalizing on the trend... I'm just going to retro fit my Sunpower instead of forgoing a couple mortgage payments :mrgreen:

sphelps
03-04-2013, 06:11 PM
ATI 60" 4x75W LED & 8x80W T5 LED-Powermodule .

Interesting! So, I noticed that the 60" version has like, 8T5s and 4 LED modules on the fixture. I'm curious, since you can easily grow stuff under the 8 T5s alone, what does adding the LED modules give you exactly (aside from a bit of shimmering) ? Don't get me wrong, it's a slick looking fixture, but if you have to swap out and replace the aging T5 bulbs anyway, that seems to negate one of the major benefits of LEDs no ?

There's a 4 bulb version as well but I agree and personally think using T5s with LEDs kind of defeats some purposes of LEDs. I know there's a market for it but I don't think it will last, more of a an idea to fill the gap before more options are available (like LEDs in special reflectors to spread without shimmer) and peoples faith in the technology if fulfilled.

I put 2 54W bulbs over my tank with 3 mitras running around 80% or so and you literally couldn't tell the T5s where on so I suspect 4 bulbs would be slightly noticeable but hardly worth the cost associated. Probably why there's an 8 bulb fixture as well but then you're basically just supplementing with LEDs. I haven't seen these yet though so hard to say.

carriej
03-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Holy cow those ain't cheap!

I'm running a 60" 6 bulb ATI sunpower right now... It's got some age on it now but I think for the prices on those fixtures I will keep using my current one.... :)

freezetyle
03-04-2013, 09:30 PM
It would be neat if they distributed a retro kit. You would pay more than a diy but if they made it simple enough to install some people may find value in that

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Werbo
03-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I was hoping it would be a cheaper too. Wow was I wrong.

The price puts it out of my reach. Plus the cost of having to change T5 bulbs.