PDA

View Full Version : New fish being picked on.

BuschWacker
12-16-2012, 08:12 PM
I have a 46g bowfront. I've got a 6 line wrasse, fire fish, anthias, and a 3 stripe damsel. They all get along very well and are very well behaved. Yesterday We purchased a strawberry dottyback, and a canary blenny. Now the wrasse and damsel are picking on the 2 new fish. Darting and nipping at them. Is this going to be an ongoing problem? Or are they eventually going to leave them alone. I bought a floating breeder tank today as well to try and separate them. Do I separate the 2 new fish for a few days or stick the misbehaving fish in therefor a few days?

Madreefer
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
I have a 46g bowfront. I've got a 6 line wrasse, fire fish, anthias, and a 3 stripe damsel. They all get along very well and are very well behaved. Yesterday We purchased a strawberry dottyback, and a canary blenny. Now the wrasse and damsel are picking on the 2 new fish. Darting and nipping at them. Is this going to be an ongoing problem? Or are they eventually going to leave them alone. I bought a floating breeder tank today as well to try and separate them. Do I separate the 2 new fish for a few days or stick the misbehaving fish in therefor a few days?

Really? The 6line is picking on a new tank addition? And the damsel? Sorry little sarcasm from a different post. In past experiences with both your bullies the pestering wont stop until the other fish are dead.

BuschWacker
12-16-2012, 08:29 PM
My 6 line was the first fish I got and its been great with every addition we've made up until now.

jtbadco
12-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Thats probably part of the problem. The 6 line is established. I have the same problem introducing new fish. If my 6 line doesnt like it, it either gets removed or dies.

Borderjumper
12-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Stick a mirror on the outside of your tank.. The 6 line will battle with himself and forget the new fish.

bulletsworld
12-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Sounds like an established fish. You can try removing the bully and putting in sump for over a month. Then add new fish in main and do a whole new aquascape. Later add old bully from sump. This has worked most times for me with Angelfish. If the bullying continues, you gotta make a desicion. Who do you like more? Who has to go? :mrgreen: