PDA

View Full Version : Cad Lights Conic Bio-Reactor

Jaws
12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Does anyone have one of these yet? I'm trying to figure out what the output flow is on them. Thank you.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

H2o2
12-16-2012, 05:42 PM
You can always email Jeff at J&ls he should know

Jaws
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Apparently it's less than 300GPH. I was hoping it would be enough to feed a recirculating skimmer.

AquaticFinatic
12-17-2012, 12:23 AM
You may not want to buy it as the only thing worth any thing is just the cone everything else is not very well made. Defiantly not worth 180 beans :cry: you will feel disappointed.

Jaws
12-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Really eh? That's the first I've heard about that. What gives you that impression?

cblair
12-17-2012, 08:02 AM
I just bought one of these from J&L about a month ago and I'm very happy with it. The tumble on the pellets is great, I'm not sure you would have enough flow to be the only feed for a skimmer. I just place the out put of reactor right at the skimmer intake using a 90 degree barb fitting. Works great skimmer pulls a tone of junk out and with it being a recirculating design you can adjust the output of the reactor to your tank needs, I have not had a cyano bloom or anything, just nitrate reduction. So for my personal opinion I would recommend this reactor

viperfish
12-18-2012, 04:12 AM
I purchased mine last week. They shorted me on pipe so I went to the hardware store and picked up a bunch of 1/2" pipe and fittings, that's when I discovered they're not standard 1/2" fittings (the Chinese writing on the fittings should have given it away). After some mods with a Dremel I finally assembled the piping, filled it with pellets and placed it in the sump. When I powered it up the pump wouldn't work properly, I realized at that time the pump inlet fitting wasn't lined up properly through the body and placed pressure on the impeller. After most of the day wasted on trial and error, I finally got it working without the bypass piping and valve. I kept it because it does work and it was the only product I found to fit in the tight space I had, but I certainly didn't get what I paid for. I sent an email to the manufacturer telling them how disappointed I was and I didn't even get a reply. I like the design and it does have the potential to be an excellent reactor but the product I purchased had poor quality control, as well as poor customer service on the part of the manufacturer. I would not recommend this product.

H2o2
12-18-2012, 04:34 AM
I just think there is something fishy in medicine hat and i belive they are made in usa ,standard sch 40 1/2pvc .Just go to cad light web site and read

viperfish
12-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Hey, I'm just telling you what I received. You can read all you want.

freezetyle
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Jason,
I have one running on my tank, your more than welcome to come over and take a look.
as others have stated, it was kind of cheaply made with fresh cut pvc pieces. but compared to the other ones in its class, it is the cheaper option.

Jaws
12-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks Jon. So despite it being a bit overpriced, does it work and would you buy it again?

cblair
12-19-2012, 07:50 AM
In my opinion if your looking for a recirculating reactor then this will be the cheapest option. Mine works great once you get your desired discharge flow and a good tumble on the pellets.

Treebeard
02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
What kind of fitting did you use to connect to the output of that three-way reactor output valve? I was planning on running a piece of flexible tubing from the reactor output to the intake on my skimmer but the output on the reactor is an odd-ball size. 1/2" ID tubing is too small and 5/8" is too big.

I just bought one of these from J&L about a month ago and I'm very happy with it. The tumble on the pellets is great, I'm not sure you would have enough flow to be the only feed for a skimmer. I just place the out put of reactor right at the skimmer intake using a 90 degree barb fitting. Works great skimmer pulls a tone of junk out and with it being a recirculating design you can adjust the output of the reactor to your tank needs, I have not had a cyano bloom or anything, just nitrate reduction. So for my personal opinion I would recommend this reactor