PDA

View Full Version : Coral + Clams under T8's

FWC
12-16-2012, 02:08 AM
So my tank has been reduced to a horrible tub of bubble algae and bristleworms. All my SPS has died and my LPS has stopped in its growth.

I've decided to do a complete tank re-start. I have nothing to loose.

However I have to ask ,can my coral and crocea clam live under t8's for a while ??

I have mainly LPS and zoa's ,and some mushies as well. I'm not expecting any growth ,I just want to make sure I can keep them alive until I get my tank back up on its feet again.

So ,can I keep 'em under t8's for a while ??

mrhasan
12-16-2012, 04:24 AM
So my tank has been reduced to a horrible tub of bubble algae and bristleworms. All my SPS has died and my LPS has stopped in its growth.

I've decided to do a complete tank re-start. I have nothing to loose.

However I have to ask ,can my coral and crocea clam live under t8's for a while ??

I have mainly LPS and zoa's ,and some mushies as well. I'm not expecting any growth ,I just want to make sure I can keep them alive until I get my tank back up on its feet again.

So ,can I keep 'em under t8's for a while ??

Not sure about the corals (you might be able to sustain them for some time by feeding them occasionally). But I doubt about the clam though. Croceas are light hungry stuffs.

Skimmerking
12-16-2012, 04:24 AM
Your clam will need intense lighting to sustain.

windcoast reefs
12-16-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't think you'll be able to keep any hard corals under t8's. Clams need even more light than allot of corals so I don't think the clams will be able to live under the t8's. I would save up for a new light, them start the tank over.

11purewater
12-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Do you know a fellow reefer who can "bank" your livestock while you restart?

Proteus
12-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Check lfs. I rented a couple tanks when I did my move. It cost 5 bucks a weeks.