PDA

View Full Version : Deltec AP703 Intake

Jaws
12-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Ill be setting up a Deltec AP703 skimmer shortly and I'm curious what everyone thinks would be the best way to feed the intake? I know that they recommend feeding it with the main display overflow but with the release of the new CAD bio pellet reactor, I'm wondering if it makes more sense to feed the skimmer with the output of the reactor? Thoughts?

Jaws
12-16-2012, 04:51 AM
Anyone?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Reef Pilot
12-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I have my skimmer intake right after where the DT water flows through the filter sock. I also have my bio pellet reactor outflow right beside the skimmer intake. The return pump intake is on the far side of the sump, which also has T's to feed my chiller, bio pellet reactor and my carbon and GFO reactors. Works well for me.

Jaws
12-16-2012, 03:44 PM
My skimmer is a recirculating skimmer so that's why I'm thinking feeding it from the biopellet reactor might be an interesting concept.

Reef Pilot
12-16-2012, 03:53 PM
I am not familiar with that skimmer. But would you feed it exclusively from the bio pellet reactor? I don't think you want to restrict the flow of your skimmer or it could impact your skimmer water level settings.

If you could somehow feed in the reactor outflow, and also allow additional input from your sump, can't see why that wouldn't work.

Having said that, though, I don't believe it is necessary. If the reactor outflow is close enough to the intake of your skimmer, that is good enough.

Jaws
12-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for your help :)