PDA

View Full Version : New feeder tentacle growth on acan?

mrhasan
12-13-2012, 04:28 PM
I suddenly noticed that most of the heads of my acans have some white stretch marks around some feeder tentacles. Doesn't look like any sort of bug or infection since they are well puffed up and happy (even eating too). I think it has been there for long but simply didn't notice it. Any idea?

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s522/mrhasan1/2012-12-13102744.jpg

lastlight
12-13-2012, 04:39 PM
that's certainly a healthy acan. perhaps it's more fully inflated than before making it appear that way in spots?

mrhasan
12-13-2012, 04:42 PM
that's certainly a healthy acan. perhaps it's more fully inflated than before making it appear that way in spots?

Maybe. I checked back some previous pictures of the acans and the same spot was there (like weeks ago). So I am presuming that since acans are fully open and have not seen any irritation on them, its possibly "stretch" marks :P

mrhasan
12-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Just wondering whether anyone else have anything else to comment on the white spots (more visible in the right head).

mrhasan
12-18-2012, 11:52 PM
No one? :S

eli@fijireefrock.com
12-18-2012, 11:56 PM
you must have some over inflated acans :biggrin: normal for such healthy coral.
Under the intense lighting and feeding often you will see these marks,normal view.

mrhasan
12-19-2012, 12:01 AM
you must have some over inflated acans :biggrin: normal for such healthy coral.
Under the intense lighting and feeding often you will see these marks,normal view.

Thanks. I was sure that its nothing to worry about still wanted to take more opinions. Had to throw away an elegance, gorg, three zoa frags today since they were dying. My bangaii pair started chasing each other (possibly due to mating ritual or something). Not a very good day for my tank!