PDA

View Full Version : Help with my tank plumbing diagram

Coleus
12-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Well

some plumber will help me do plumbing for my tank tomorrow and this is what i am going to give him.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ds9-siTNW3s/UMjvbcAVb1I/AAAAAAAAAHI/HbkvjGv0c0E/s903/plumping.gif

I was wondering if it makes any sense at all. Also, is there any flaw to it. we can't get the return line to run a good positive slope because it has to run under a bathtub between the tank and sump so that is what you are seeing.

Also is there anything i should add to make it trouble free in the future?

I run herbie overflow for my basement tank and durso for my upstair tank

Thanks

sphelps
12-12-2012, 08:43 PM
I don't think you should tie the drain line from the tank upstairs into the line from the basement tank. Since the basement has a herbie, teeing the other tank line into the primary line of the herbie will cause issues, especially being that it's coming from another floor. Also can you not run two lines from the upstairs tank for a herbie overflow as well? It's going to be noisy otherwise.

kien
12-12-2012, 08:45 PM
I would simplify it by removing the main floor tank :-)

monocus
12-12-2012, 08:54 PM
use a stockman instead of a durso-takes up less room with the same results.you also might add more inlets to the main floor tank.you can do this by using a 45 into a t ,then branch them out.i've used this on my frag tanks with great success

Coleus
12-12-2012, 09:01 PM
The two line from upstair already rough-in and drywall so I have no choice :-(.

Coleus
12-12-2012, 09:25 PM
also for upstair, i will use Hofer Gurgle Buster (http://home.everestkc.net/jrobertson57268/HGB/)instead of durso.

So other than not to plump the drain from upstair tank into of basement tank, everything is good?

Seriak
12-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah it looks good. I definitely wouldn't tie the two drain lines together before they enter the sump as previously mentioned. I would have separate drains straight to the sump. I also prefer at least two drains per tank for backup so I would want another one on your main tank, but if everything is dry walled you might have to live with what you have.

ChizerBunoi
12-12-2012, 09:56 PM
But the tank downstairs isn't plumbed to the drain from upstairs yet right? if no, run a seperate line.

banditpowdercoat
12-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Do NOT rely on check valves at all!!!! They will cet encrusted with worms or algae and will not seal when you need them. Been there, Had that! A look inside any pipe thats had flow in it for 1+ years reveals all sorts.

sphelps
12-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Have you seen the size of this guy's sump? I doubt he needs to rely on check valves but they are nice to have.

Looks good man, separate drains and you're good to go, plumb that ****

Coleus
12-13-2012, 02:13 AM
Do NOT rely on check valves at all!!!! They will cet encrusted with worms or algae and will not seal when you need them. Been there, Had that! A look inside any pipe thats had flow in it for 1+ years reveals all sorts.
I will have a quick connect on both end of the check valve and it is clear check valve so i can pretty much see what is insed. I can take it out and wash it regularly. Thanks for raise a good point tho

Have you seen the size of this guy's sump? I doubt he needs to rely on check valves but they are nice to have.

Looks good man, separate drains and you're good to go, plumb that ****

Thanks Steve, it is time heh. Never understand why you get things done so fast and I am at my 110% speed

Well the plumber should be here tomorrow so crossing my finger. I got half way through the plumbing but then wife turns up the heat to get it done so... better get it done or no tank