PDA

View Full Version : Longest time without buying a fish

phreezee
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I think it's been close to 1.5-2 years since I bought a fish.

I've got an itch to buy something, but I finally reached a happy place with my tank and everything seems to be in harmony and don't want to upset the balance.
Tough spot to be in IMO. Anyone else? Did you give in or talk yourself out of it?

Delphinus
12-11-2012, 05:55 PM
I find I talk myself out of it very often for the same reasons.

There are times I think "Oh, wouldn't it be nice if ...." but and then get a little disappointed when talk myself out of it (because seeing the pecking order get reinforced is, quite frankly, not all that fun or enjoyable .. and sometimes somebody doesn't make it out of that period at all, which makes it even worse). Sometimes I take the plunge, sometimes not.

Of course now it's even harder to justify new purchases because I have some long term fish that I think wow it would be such a shame to lose them to something I introduced because I don't really have the capacity to do a proper QT. At this stage that's pretty much my reason for not rushing out and buying new fish, until I can do a proper QT it's a non-starter..

Seriak
12-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Just quarantine them at my house Tony! :)

You're Welcome!

Leah
12-11-2012, 06:20 PM
One more fish should be okay! Just ask Laurie. :wink:

phreezee
01-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Well I caved and got a 2" Huma Huma, how much trouble could the little guy cause right? lol

christyf5
01-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Been almost a year since I bought a new fish. Mostly because Brads velvet outbreak scares the crap out of me and QTing is a pain in the arse (that and I haven't found the fish I want anywhere).

Good to hear your streak is broken. Pics pics!! :)

Borderjumper
01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Been almost a year since I bought a new fish. Mostly because Brads velvet outbreak scares the crap out of me and QTing is a pain in the arse (that and I haven't found the fish I want anywhere).

Good to hear your streak is broken. Pics pics!! :)

ME TOO! I'm scared to death to add any new fish. I did cave about 6 months ago as Art fell in love with a Midas blenny..and he was willing to risk it adding to the RSM.
His prize mystery wrasse Slack Jaw Willy is in that tank too! But thank the stars it worked out.

My other tank has my powder blue and nothing else is going in there! it's looking kinda empty with only the tang, a fang blenny, and a damsel. But so be it!