PDA

View Full Version : healthy mandarin

11purewater
12-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Fat Mandarins pics anyone ,what do you feed them.Mine's trained on Mysis.

daplatapus
12-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Had her since June as a rescue from a friends tank move gone bad. I've only recently seen her come out and eat with everyone else when I feed mysis/blood worm/ cyclopeeze mixture. Until now as far as I know she's only been eating pods.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x353/daplatapus/IMAG0365.jpg

11purewater
12-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Nice looking fish!I wish mine would stay in one spot long to get a decent pic,totally camera shy:biggrin:

Aquattro
12-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Mine has doubled in size, length and width. I need to put him on a diet. Also need to find him a GF..

11purewater
12-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Id introduce you to my female but she killed her last mate:cry:

reefwars
12-11-2012, 02:10 AM
i have 2 mandarins and a scooter....all bursting at the stomach lol

i culture several types of pods for them although they were fat before the pods lol

no pics though as they hide in the dark spots

gregzz4
12-11-2012, 02:17 AM
Making me want to go shopping as the wife wants one ...

Stop showing off your hard to keep fishies :mrgreen:

11purewater
12-11-2012, 03:24 AM
From my experience,the wife has always has the royal flush:biggrin: so get the pod factory on line!

phreezee
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Mine has been with me for over a year now. He feeds himself pods and once I saw him with a bristle worm in his mouth but I couldn't get a camera quick enough. Never actually see him come out at feeding time.

Psyire
12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
i have 2 mandarins and a scooter....all bursting at the stomach lol

i culture several types of pods for them although they were fat before the pods lol

no pics though as they hide in the dark spots

This is great! Would you mind going into more detail on how and what you are culturing?

magikof7
12-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Horse shoes where the sun don't shine! That's what Denny has. lol
He even has so many mysis shrimp in his sump his GFO reactor is full of em too. :D

I'd like to know how and where you are getting a variety Denny all I have found are the bottles of Tigger pods.

reefwars
12-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Horse shoes where the sun don't shine! That's what Denny has. lol
He even has so many mysis shrimp in his sump his GFO reactor is full of em too. :D

I'd like to know how and where you are getting a variety Denny all I have found are the bottles of Tigger pods.

its not easy youve got to look for them , one store will have tigger while another has another type.

ive gone as far as edmonton to find them , if i happen to see a type i dont have i just buy it lol

yeah my mysid have taken over its the majority of life in my tank, they fill my reactors,skimmer and they create a cloud in my sump so thick you cant see in there anymore lol.

heavy feedings of livephyto twice a day and continuous feed for my nps corals also keeps the tank fully stocked on pods.

i currently have a target ,psycodelic,and scooter plus a copper band and MI .....all eating pods ll the time:)

Gone Snorkelin'
12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Here is a shot of mine.

Samw
02-15-2013, 05:55 AM
Have had mine for many years. Eats NLS pellets and always has a bulging stomach.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_2723.jpg

Steve...
02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
That's is great you got them to eat frozen foods! I like to get one but afraid it will die because its a picky eater. Besides watching it eat before picking up one, any other advice to increase success?