PDA

View Full Version : MP10 Questions

ensquire
12-09-2012, 03:24 AM
I just added 2 MP10W ES to my tank and have been trying to set them up all afternoon. Cleared memory and tried to set master / slave profiles but can't get the master to accept the setting. Slave flashes proper light sequence but master flashes red and green instead of red and blue and then they won't communicate. Have reset each as the master and same problem. Any ideas ???

nerdz
12-09-2012, 04:04 AM
This might not help, or you may already know... but YouTube has some good setup videos.

Good luck!

ChizerBunoi
12-09-2012, 04:05 AM
I had a lot of troubles too but then I watched their support video. I'm sure this will solve all your issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W7yC6wbFHU&list=UULhK3ycAnj2ytSELzbPxq-A&index=8

You might also be interested in this. This guy has two on his 90 gallon tank on the back wall. I ran mine in Reef Crest Mode but you might like the wave maker function instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awf9TzBCmGA

ensquire
12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks They are easy to follow videos. I think I will have to contact Ecotech , just can't get them to talk to each other and can't set the master.

gregzz4
12-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Mike, I initially had trouble setting mine up as I wasn't following the instructions closely enough
I was holding buttons when I was supposed to just press them
Once I got that sorted out all went well

BTW, are your Ws lit up ?

Good luck

ensquire
12-11-2012, 03:55 AM
I was holding buttons when I was supposed to just press them
Once I got that sorted out all went well

BTW, are your Ws lit up ?

Good luck

Yes both are now since I swapped in other Wireless model after first post :redface:

Arok3000
12-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Yes both are now since I swapped in other Wireless model after first post :redface:

I was going to ask, but thought it would be too obvious a mistake that only someone like myself could make. I guess these things happen!

gregzz4
12-11-2012, 04:04 AM
I had to point it out as I bought used units that were supposed to be Ws, but were not :smile:

ensquire
12-11-2012, 04:28 AM
I had to point it out as I bought used units that were supposed to be Ws, but were not :smile:
Thats my story as well, thought all were Wireless and were bought as such .

ensquire
12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks Greg, for your help.
Simple solution to this problem and a lesson to read instructions to the letter. :redface:

The instructions are to simply press the mode button while in set up menu rather than press and hold. Worked perfectly and now have two units communicating as they should.
People on this board are so helpful...........:biggrin:
Thanks to all that replied..

gregzz4
12-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Glad to hear they work

Men and instructions .... :razz: