PDA

View Full Version : New to hobby looking for frags

robcampo
12-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I am new to the forum, and the hobby and are currently looking to get some cheap frags. Ive waited over 2 months and all my water parameters are at 0. My Ph is at 8.2, my ammonia is at 0, nitrate 0, and nitrite is 0, i'm already starting to see coralline algae on live rock and i'm ready to get started with some corals. I'm looking for any LPS corals. :lol:

mrhasan
12-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I am new to the forum, and the hobby and are currently looking to get some cheap frags. Ive waited over 2 months and all my water parameters are at 0. My Ph is at 8.2, my ammonia is at 0, nitrate 0, and nitrite is 0, i'm already starting to see coralline algae on live rock and i'm ready to get started with some corals. I'm looking for any SPS corals. :lol:

You are brave!

JmeJReefer
12-08-2012, 06:02 PM
I am new to the forum, and the hobby and are currently looking to get some cheap frags. Ive waited over 2 months and all my water parameters are at 0. My Ph is at 8.2, my ammonia is at 0, nitrate 0, and nitrite is 0, i'm already starting to see coralline algae on live rock and i'm ready to get started with some corals. I'm looking for any SPS corals. :lol:

If ur new to hobby, sps is a long n expensive road to figure things out with. Try some softies, then move on up to the sps, IMO!

robcampo
12-08-2012, 06:07 PM
haha sorry looking for LPS ..anything but SPS

hfp75
12-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I can frag you a peice of my Pulsing Xenia. Its a good starter coral.

It should grow nice, if its not then there is a problem in your tank.

:-)

PM Me if your interested.

Never mind - I'm in Calgary never thought to check that.

:-)

Proteus
12-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Do some research. Find out what u want there are lots of softies and lps to choose from. Things like gsp Xenia and clove polyps are great for beginners and but they can quickly overgrow a tank and can be a pain to get rid of.

You have lots of time to build a reef. Be wise and make sure the piece you get suits you and your tank. For lps. Acans or candy canes are a good choice. Elegance not so much

You should tell us about your tank and equipment. And inhabitants

JTang
12-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I can start u off with some cheap $5 beginner softies, like mushrooms n palys. If they do well, I can frag u some LPS like hammer, frogspawn or candy canes. PM me if you're interested. I'm by Pitt River/ Maryhill Bypass.

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq193/jtang23/IMG_20121120_170959.jpg

The Guy
12-09-2012, 03:53 PM
I have some small exiena's, zoe's & mushrooms available.