PDA

View Full Version : Where to find 3W True Violet LEDs near Vancouver

ScubaSteve
12-07-2012, 11:42 PM
I was retarded and missed adding 4 True Violet/UV LEDs on my order from LEDGroupBuy :twised:. Now I need these LEDs to finish off my build. I'd just order them from LED group buy again but... the shipping costs more than the LEDs! I'll be arsed if I'm paying nearly $10 a pop, all said and done, for them.

Anyone know of a place in BC or Alberta that would carry them for a respectable price?

daplatapus
12-07-2012, 11:53 PM
How soon are you wanting them?

ScubaSteve
12-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Mmmmm... sooner than later would be nice. But I could hold off on building that channel. It'd just be nice to do it all at once since I want to pack my array tightly. I was hoping to finish the LED conversion by Christmas so I can get the tank out of my hallway and back out to my office.

daplatapus
12-08-2012, 12:03 AM
I was holding off ordering my stuff from the same place until the end of the month. Not sure if that helps you. But if it does I may order sooner. I'm not sure who else can supply those true violet led's.
I've got 6 on a build I did during the summer and I really like them.

ScubaSteve
12-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Awesome! If I can't work anything else out and I could piggyback on your order, that'd be great. I'll let you know If I can find any from a closer source.

It'd be nice if I could get my drivers (buckpuck), controller (boostled), LEDs (LGB) and heatsink all from the same place... but I'm dreamin' aparrently :razz:

daplatapus
12-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Ya, sounds good. Out of curiosity, have you email Milad and asked if he had a couple kicking around?
I haven't done any research on your item combo, but does that set up (typhon controller and buck puck) allow for dimming to 0?
That's one of my issues right now and am thinking of building an arduino and getting an analogue to PWM converter, but $$$

I bought the dim4 board for my previous build and didn't realize the drivers would come on around 10-14%. The moonlights driven right off the board dim nice though.

ScubaSteve
12-08-2012, 12:35 AM
As far as I am aware, the buck pucks dim 0%, 1%-100%. I don't think there is actually a driver that can do truly 0% to 100% but the buckpuck was the closest I could find to the full dimming range. Most drivers only come on at 10% and up (1-10V dimming = 10%-100%).

Instead of running moonlighting, I'm just going to have my blues stay on at night around 5% or so. The nice thing about the Typhon controller is that it is easy to re-program to have features such as the moonlighting, etc.

The Typhon is arduino based. You don't need A to PWM conversion if you're running an arduino. It has PWM output which a number of driver can take.

msjboy
12-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Doesn't milad run lledgroup buy...he is local so..he probably has some latest and greatest. See his informative full spectrum threads on nano-reef.
Msj boy:-)

daplatapus
12-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Doesn't milad run lledgroup buy...he is local so..he probably has some latest and greatest. See his informative full spectrum threads on nano-reef.
Msj boy:-)

Not sure if he stocks anything though. I'd drop him an e-mail to see if he has anything left over though.

daplatapus
12-08-2012, 12:45 AM
The Typhon is arduino based. You don't need A to PWM conversion if you're running an arduino. It has PWM output which a number of driver can take.
Yeah, but I was kinda building to be able to plug into an Apex. But if I'm happy with it on it's own maybe that's un-necessary.

monocus
12-08-2012, 02:22 AM
i ordered 6 uv last week-i only need one,i just like to order extra.they should be here within the month

monocus
12-08-2012, 02:24 AM
395-405 nm

monocus
12-23-2012, 05:06 AM
mine just arrived-do you still need them

ScubaSteve
12-23-2012, 06:07 AM
I've actually got some coming from Milad in a few days. Thanks for the offer though!