PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a Climber?

michika
12-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Anyone a climber who might be able to help me find a pear-shaped seamless decender ring? Its for aerial yoga/silks rather then climbing.

Like this?

http://www.wirerope.net/jrscom/images/stories/chapter6/139/2.jpg

I need to find two of them but can't find anywhere local to purchase from. I rarely buy my climbing gear online and I can't seem to find these at any of the places I shop at. I've been to the usual big places; Coast Mountain Sports, MEC, etc. with no luck.

DiverDude
12-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm a climber but I've never seen anything like that used before.

You might try an industrial safety place like Ackalnds Grainger -something like that might be used in fall-arrest harnesses and the like.

gregzz4
12-06-2012, 08:58 PM
You might also try rigging/lifting suppliers, or marine/sailboat suppliers
They are also called a weldless sling link or master link, and get pricey quickly as you go up in size
3/8" is less than $10, but 1-3/8" is $250.00 :surprise:

The Grizz
12-06-2012, 09:26 PM
If all fails call Arresting You Ltd. here in red deer. Ask for Sean and see if they have anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangled Knot
12-06-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm a climber also. No such thing...

don.ald
12-06-2012, 11:49 PM
If all fails call Arresting You Ltd. here in red deer. Ask for Sean and see if they have anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that one of those S&M shops?...good call.

straightrazorguy
12-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Another climber here. The only things you remotely similar to what you drew are the carabiners climbers use, but they all have a gate:

http://www.mec.ca/Main/home.jsp?bmForm=mec_quick_search&bmFormID=jJLd02H&bmUID=jJLd02I&bmIsForm=true&bmPrevTemplate=%2FMain%2Fhome.jsp&bmText=quick_search&quick_search=carabiners&bmImage=search.x&bmImage=search.y&bmImage=search&search.x=6&search.y=2

Mandosh
12-07-2012, 12:16 AM
What greg said about the 'weldless sling link' from a rigging or sailing place...

Not sure what you need them to do, but maybe look at 'figure 8 descenders'?