PDA

View Full Version : Biocube 29 Fish

wavemaster
12-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Looking for fish suggestions to complete my tank. Tank has been running for 6 yrs.

Current stock:
- 2 black and white ocellaris clowns (have been in tank for 1 year and are a bit agressive but very small)
- blue/green chromis
- blood shrimp
-sand conch
-hermit crabs
-snails
-25lbs live rock
-corals (green star, kenya tree, mushrooms, big green frogspawn)

Would like a fish that is interesting and fun to watch. Don't want something that is too hard to keep and it has to be safe with current stock. The chromis stays near the top and the clowns stay in the middle, so I would like something that stays near the bottom . I really like the sandsifting diamond watchman gobys and am leaning towards that. What do you recommend?

magikof7
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
I have a couple barnacle blennies in mine. 1 stays in a shell and the other cleared out a little hole in the live rock. I really like these guys. They are fun to watch and are small so they don't contribute to the bioload much unless you overfeed.

mandyplo
12-04-2012, 03:52 AM
I had a diamond goby before - very active, fun to watch. Downside was he definitely made a MESS of my sand bed, burying everything (rock pieces, corals), making mountains everywhere and one day he decided he was very determined to squeeze his way out of the ONLY 1 inch square hole in the mesh-top which covers my tank, and he was successful. RIP goby :(

(they are notorious for jumping if you didn't already know, but you probably did lol. 99% of the diamond goby deaths are from suicide jumping).

wavemaster
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
The biocube 29 has a lid so hopefully will work. If it jumps, it would end up in the back chamber. Would a 2 inch sand bed be enough as long as it gets enough frozen brine and mysis?