PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine advice

Wheelman76
12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
I have been quarantining all my fish up to this point, two ocellaris clowns , kole tang and my longnose hawkfish that will be going into the display in a few days. My question is , if I'm not quarantining new corals and inverts ,is it a waste of time quarantining fish , because ICH could be introduced on the new corals or inverts? Im picking up a male flame wrasse in the next few days and want to make sure I'm doing the right thing by quarantining , but not wasting my time because I don't quarantine new corals ( but I do dip all new corals in revive)

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

Northernseacorals
12-02-2012, 07:21 PM
I have been quarantining all my fish up to this point, two ocellaris clowns , kole tang and my longnose hawkfish that will be going into the display in a few days. My question is , if I'm not quarantining new corals and inverts ,is it a waste of time quarantining fish , because ICH could be introduced on the new corals or inverts? Im picking up a male flame wrasse in the next few days and want to make sure I'm doing the right thing by quarantining , but not wasting my time because I don't quarantine new corals ( but I do dip all new corals in revive)

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

Milage may vary with my answer; however under ideal situations running a quarantine tank separate for fish & one for corals, I personally have only just acquired the space to do just that, in the past I followed the same procedure you are using now with good results.

I think what you are doing is just fine based on my own experience.

Wheelman76
12-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Thanks Northern, any more opinions?