PDA

View Full Version : Soft pink finger leather coral

Azilla
04-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Hello im new i have a 20Gal Reef tank with 20Gal Fuge and 60 Gal Sump
Running PC Lighting Anyways i just bought a Finger corl about a week ago and since it has been in my tank it has been droopy like fallen over. I had it in the corner then it didn't pick up so i moved it higher up with more flow and its still droopy, Is this normal for this coral???? Will it pick up over time. I did a slow drip method to add it into my tank took around 2hours.

Chad
04-30-2004, 03:26 PM
When I first got my finger coral it did the same sort of thing, If it has a
"cut" spot on it (where it was fragged from another colony), maybe face that section into the flow. See if that helps out.

Jim Barry
04-30-2004, 04:31 PM
I have a yellow finger coral that is doing the same thing since I bought it about a month ago. I have tried it is several different places in the tank with different water flows.

I am not sure if it is dying. I droops over most of the time and the polyps seldom come out.

Any advice?

Jim :confused:

AJ_77
04-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Jim, for a "beginner coral" they can be really fussy (PITA, IMO).
My advice is to get through the "softies stage" and move on to more interesting and rewarding corals.

:mrgreen:
(seriously...) although there are a few giant finger corals and such around, they seem to be in the hands of advanced keepers anyways...

Azilla - these will do this without warning for days or a week, even when established. Give it a steady placement - good flow and in decent light, and it should pull itself together.