PDA

View Full Version : which corals can be fed something like acan plus?

lastlight
12-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Besides acans which love and benefit from this food, I've been attempting to feed the following in my tank. Looking for feedback and what can use/benefit from it please.

torch coral: seems to respond to it and get all mucous but after turning flow back on 20-30 min later it appears most of it has not gone into the coral and a slimey mess of food and mucous flies all over the tank. Is it worth trying to feed it this or should I do mysis or silversides? My goal is to improve the coral's coloration / inflation.

zoas /palys: I shower them with the food and some like my candy apple reds and purple deaths definately close up around the food. others eventually will while some don't seem to respond. is closing up a sign that they like/use it? The candy apples for some reason look even better after eating but the purple deaths have sometimes seemed more shriveled / unhappy since I started trying to feed them so I'm not sure.

goniopora: I have a red one with blue mouths. They seem to try and eat it as well. when the flow comes back on there is that stringy mess of food and slime leaking from some of the mouths. Again is the food being consumed a sign that I should continue?

gorgs: I get rid of the last bit of food by squirting it at the polyps can they eat such food?

ScubaSteve
12-02-2012, 07:21 AM
I feed my lobos, chalices and trachy with acan plus and they love it.

Wheelman76
12-02-2012, 07:50 AM
I feed my acans, trachy, symphyllia , donut , blastos , candy apple reds and my Duncan with Acan plus and they all r seem to really like it.

MMAX
12-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I have fed Acan Plus to torchs, hammers, candy cane, favia and zoas. All seemed to respond very well to it. The torch however preferred a big chunk of shrimp every few days.

claymax
12-03-2012, 04:52 AM
i think Zoaelite has some detailed information on feeding zoas/palys. maybe give him a pm.