PDA

View Full Version : Ebay LED, any experience?

mrhasan
12-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Just wondering whether anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dimmable-120W-LED-Aquarium-Ligh-55x3watt-Live-Coral-Reef-Marine-Fixture-White-/281006876215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416d50a637&_uhb=1#ht_2241wt_919

Looked at some reviews and people seems to be really pleased with the performance and claims that these lights can even grow SPS with crazy growth.

Proteus
12-02-2012, 05:22 AM
Looks like nice light

mrhasan
12-02-2012, 05:23 AM
Looks like nice light

Totally! And for the price. 120W freaking watt of LED :O + dimmable!

eli@fijireefrock.com
12-02-2012, 05:28 AM
from reading the information available on this unit,it seems that even running them at the max that would only mean running the unit at 500ma witch is 1/2 or even 1/3 of the power some of the newer led runs at.(not even mentioning the what come with the new units now)
For a shallow tank I think this unit will work,growing SPS would work maybe for a 18" or lower.
Information I would ask the seller are;
output power of each driver.
type of led rating by the manufacturer as a model or given number bin for these leds.
Probably as rated they run at 90 degree beam angle witch means they have lens?
over heating shutoff sensors.
I am sure more folks would shime in.
Oh by the way I don't think this unit would come close to a 250W halide.

mrhasan
12-02-2012, 05:30 AM
from reading the information available on this unit,it seems that even running them at the max that would only mean running the unit at 500ma witch is 1/2 or even 1/3 of the power some of the newer led runs at.(not even mentioning the what come with the new units now)
For a shallow tank I think this unit will work,growing SPS would work maybe for a 18" or lower.
Information I would ask the seller are;
output power of each driver.
type of led rating by the manufacturer as a model or given number bin for these leds.
Probably as rated they run at 90 degree beam angle witch means they have lens?
over heating shutoff sensors.
I am sure more folks would shime in.
Oh by the way I don't think this unit would come close to a 250W halide.

Thanks :D Those are some nice infos that I can ask the seller :)

Some people at 3reef claims that they are as bright as 400MH. Some are even comparing them with AI SOL. I have no clue in this field but they look really promising!

Murminator
12-08-2012, 12:25 AM
A trick I use is look at the items they sell go back a couple months and find someone who bought the same one and email them and ask them how they like it....I have done this numerous times with MH bulbs and never have had a let down yet

RDNanoGuy
12-08-2012, 02:41 AM
I currently have 3 of these over my 72x24x20t. All of mine are non dimmable version. For the price I think they are pretty good. I currently have a mixed reef so I do have some LPs and plating monti as well as some giant clams. They are all showing good growth. The only thing I disliked is the stock fans are loud I ended up changing them for quieter ones from memory express.

reeferious
12-08-2012, 03:17 AM
these led lights seem fairly priced. what custom charges are we looking at for canada shipment pls i'm about to place order for couple.

RDNanoGuy
12-08-2012, 03:23 AM
I think I paid 29.97 or something like that at the door.

mrhasan
12-08-2012, 04:24 AM
The total cost actually makes up for a solid full spectrum DIY so I am planning on that. Full spectrum led kicks ass :D