PDA

View Full Version : diving in hawaii in kauai

canadianbudz604
12-01-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm going diving on wednesday in hawaii, at kai national park in kauai. It will be my first scuba dive. Anyone been diving here or around here? The instructor said its a full reef we will be diving in. I'm pumped, I should grab myself a few things well I'm down there. One full week in the tropics here I come!!!!!

Myka
12-01-2012, 08:11 PM
We visited Kauai in April this year. We didn't do any diving, we snorkeled quite a bit though. There are lots of tunnels and caves underwater on Kauai from lava flows. It is some interesting landscape for sure. I'm not sure where the Kai National Park is, but we found the best snorkeling to be at Tunnels Beach at the north end. Btw, if it's raining down south, go to the north end.

If you can, do a helicopter tour! I think this is an absolute must on Kauai since most of the island can only be seen by air. Most of it is inaccessible by vehicle or foot. We used Blue Hawaiian Helicopters and thought they did a good tour.

Nizzmo
12-01-2012, 10:49 PM
it's really bad luck to take any volcanic rock off the island! It's a big deal to locals.