PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to pay less for your stuff!

stephane
08-03-2002, 03:11 PM
[ 07 August 2002, 12:01: Message edited by: stephane ]

Chin_Lee
08-03-2002, 06:09 PM
I'll have to keep you in mind when I set up my reef tank. I've just finished my basement and I still need to lay tiles in my "fish" room. Then the reef tank starts!! Can hardly wait. I appreciate people like you that can offer cheaper prices for poor people like me.
CWLee

Bryan
08-03-2002, 09:54 PM
Stephane, would you be willing to share the actual manufacturer number or model number of the Radium bulbs. I know someone who might be able to order them for the west coast but they need the mfg number.

How much are you asking for the Radiums?

EmilyB
08-03-2002, 11:20 PM
No, I don't want to pay less necessarily.

I want to pay my money to LFS/MO that are increasing their knowledge and listening to the concerns of the reefing community.

AJ_77
08-04-2002, 03:42 AM
Yes, I want to pay less. Ask anyone who knows me. ;)

But at the same time, I want to support those who have made efforts to further the hobby, to supply reliable goods and livestock, and who are enthusiasts themselves. Who else would send a person livestock "no charge" to help with a chronic tank problem? Who else would drive 3 hours to deliver a customer order? Who else would approach your own prices while still trying to cover his overhead and make a living at the same time? And who will honour product warranties, give extra discounts, put a half-dozen free snails in the box, and lend you his clam book?

This is why I will support the small business owner whenever I can, at least the ones that have shown they deserve my business.

(Well put, Emily B.)

:D

zulu_principle
08-04-2002, 12:28 PM
I am always interested in paying less....

Let me know exactly what you can get and the price.

ron101
08-04-2002, 11:57 PM
I like to support consciencious businesses as well. However what bugs me are manufacturers that markup prices on a hobby product line over say the same commercial or industrial product just because it's for a hobbyist. So especially in those cases I think cheaper is definitely better.

BC_Grl
08-05-2002, 12:18 AM
Well put Ron. With us starting out, saving every penny will help. smile.gif

stephane
08-06-2002, 01:47 AM
[ 07 August 2002, 12:02: Message edited by: stephane ]

Jeff
08-06-2002, 09:13 PM
What's the avg lifetime in hours you'd want to use one of those bulbs for before replacing it?

Thanks

stephane
08-06-2002, 10:17 PM
from what I have read and depending on wich ballast you drive it and what your preference it will last between 8-12 month

Jayson
08-06-2002, 11:10 PM
If you use the Son Agro ballast the life is shortened to aprox 6-7 monthes. If you use the ballast that is recommended by Radium the lamp life is good for aprox 11-12 monthes. Hope this info helps.

Bryan
08-07-2002, 03:18 AM
Stephane:

Are you still selling the bulbs?

[/QUOTE]Hi Bryan
As for the price I was asking is 110$ each 3x300$[/QB][/QUOTE]

stephane
08-07-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Jayson:
If you use the Son Agro ballast the life is shortened to aprox 6-7 monthes. If you use the ballast that is recommended by Radium the lamp life is good for aprox 11-12 monthes. Hope this info helps.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">like i said before from what I heard the life of the bulb is more around 8-10 month (from user of Radium) and yes the agro is not the recomended ballast by Radium but he is the same PFO put in there HQI ballast and recomend for that bulb and dont forget that if you utilise the right ballast whith this bulb she will be to blue and useless
those bulb are rated as blue bulb but people have try them before and find that they are realy good
to grow coral and will make coral look the most colorful whith the AGRO ballast or the blueline ballast

The best ballast for now that have been realy tested is the blueline Ebalast electronic he is
the one that will give a nice look to the Radium
even a coral farm named Dr Mac utilize Radium,blueline combo exclusively for is farming and report life bulb to be 12 month here is the link to the aqua farm http://www.drmaccorals.com/sys-tmpl/oursystems/

But if you utlilize a diferent ballast I realy doubt that you will love the bulb anyway

What type of ballast did you use Jayson and what
look it give compare to the agro or the blueline
have you made any test whit one or another

IMO the important ting whith coral is not the spec but the overall look if some of you are realy preocuped by the life of the bulb you should go whith the blue line it will give and extra two month to the bulb but the price is a bit hight this a link to blueline http://www.bluelineaquatics.com/MH_Ballasts/mh_ballasts.html

and where to buy it http://www.championlighting.com/e/env/0001-511944-3598736449-10852269-8187-6b748/Products/Lighting/lighting.html?link=/Products/Lighting/eballast.html

stephane
08-07-2002, 11:14 AM
[ 07 August 2002, 12:03: Message edited by: stephane ]