PDA

View Full Version : Old dwarf angel?

Shy_Koi
11-29-2012, 04:46 PM
I've had my Coral Beauty dwarf angel for around 9 years. Around the Thanksgiving weekend she started to appear uninterested in her usual food (NLS marine flake, algae flakes and nori sheets). Nothing has changed/been added to the tank for over 1 1/2 years.

Made the 4hr trip to Winnipeg to try and entice her w/ some frozen food (mysis, brine shrimp, cyclopeeze). She picked a bit at the brine shrimp, but mainly spit out everything else.

She remained fairly active in the tank, colour perfect, no skin blemishes - just would not eat! Started staying close to her cave the past couple of weeks, but did not appear to be losing much, if any, weight. I figured she was probably on her way out, but she still looked so good, I did not have the heart to euthanize her.

Unsure whether she was sick or at the end of her lifespan, but she finally died yesterday. She was a beautiful fish and I'll miss her in the tank.
I measured and she was just over 5 1/2 inches long.

Just thought I'd share...
:sad:

kien
11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
sorry to hear of your loss. :sad: It is especially hard to lose a fish that you've had for that long! And OMG, 9 years?! That's an amazing life in captivity I'd say.

JDigital
11-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Wow.. 9 years! That's fantastic. Sorry to hear about the loss. Sounds like she was in great care though.

Shy_Koi
11-30-2012, 03:13 AM
Thanks.
The tank seems kind of empty now. Even my 2 clowns seem to miss her. I had the female clown in the tank before the coral beauty was introduced.

Tamara

Skimmerking
11-30-2012, 03:26 AM
Oh tamara so sorry to hear i lost my 12 yr old Kole tang this summer from marine velvet...

The Guy
11-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks.
The tank seems kind of empty now. Even my 2 clowns seem to miss her. I had the female clown in the tank before the coral beauty was introduced.

Tamara
Sorry for your loss, I know i really like my Coral Beauty :sad:

Myka
12-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Aw, sorry to hear about the loss. Great job keeping her for 9 years. I am impressed that you traveled so far to try to help her out too.