PDA

View Full Version : Selling entire SPS system.

eposer
04-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Due to various circumstances I'm selling my entire system.

-120gal custom eurobraced starphire(1/2" thick with all edges beveled and polished) pentagon tank with custom MDF/Steel stand and 33 gal sump. Stand is sealed MDF with steel stringers, 170 degree door hinges for easy access and a black formica finish.
-dual 400w radiums running on a bluewave hqi ballast + 2 spare bulbs with stainless mounting rail and chain hangers
-ampmaster 3000 pump for circulation
-all liverock/sand, ~ 60 different species of sps coral, various lps and zoos. Also fish, snails, shrimp, 6.5" derasa clam, (EDITED** 3 healthy mangroves**), BTA etc...
-calcium reactor with 10lb aluminum tank, regulator, needle valve, solenoid, and media
-berlin hang-on skimmer with 12 blade pump.
-Octopus 3000 digital aquarium controller with x-10 controls for lights,pumps etc. and ph/temp/orp probes
-1/6 hp chiller with mag 7 for circulation
-Kent bare-bones R/O filter and Kent float valve
-all plumbing for system with ball valves/quick disconnects included
-lighting for sump, cleaning magnet, hydrometer, additives etc...

Many items are less than 6 months old and everything is in excellent condition. I've probably forgotten a bunch of itmes so I'll add them as I remember...

$4500.00 for everything.

Here are some pics from a while ago, I've added alot more sps frags and zoos since then.
http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=52548&highlight=#52548

Thanks,
Evan

Canadian Man
04-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Evan,
Are you entertaining the idea of parting things out?

Sorry to hear you selling Everything :confused: I hope your still staying in the hobby.

Buccaneer
04-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Hey Evan ... Sorry to hear about the tank ... if you do part it out then PM me as I would be interested in SPS and Clam

Cheers

AJ_77
04-29-2004, 07:31 PM
I only need to save 4000 dollars more... and quick!

:biggrin:

eposer
04-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Due to overwhelming concern that I'm on my death bed etc. I thought I'd post the PM I'd sent to Tony earlier to clear this up. :eek: :redface:

I'm working way too much to truly enjoy it. Most of the time I'm only around for an hour of the day when the lights are on. Plus I'm looking into selling my house and moving. Plus I bought a new car = $.

I just have way too much going on in my life now and the tank just isn't one of my top priorities.

I'll still have my 16gal cube though so at least I won't be completely out of the hobby

For those of you wondering If I will be parting out the tank the answer is maybe. If I can find someone to buy the tank/stand/sump then I will be willing to sell the rest seperately. The $4500.00 is somewhat negotiable BTW, I could include delivery etc...

Evan.

Stretch
04-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Put me on the list for some of the sps colonies..

Really sucks your selling :neutral:

Jim Barry
04-29-2004, 09:39 PM
I am interested in your live rock if you are selling it seperately.

Jim

Skimmerking
04-30-2004, 12:05 AM
im interested in the tank and stand.

mr_alberta
04-30-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm interested in the mangroves, cleaning crew, and possibly fish depending on what you have. Could you list your fish please?

trilinearmipmap
04-30-2004, 01:00 AM
I may be interested in the calcium reactor/CO2 tank depending on the type of reactor, its condition/age, and price. And the sump if there is a way to get it to me.

eposer
04-30-2004, 03:46 AM
I'll be posting a complete description of the system with pictures tomorrow. I'm going to wait at least a week before I consider parting it out but have noted who was interested in what and will let you all know when/if the time comes to part it out.

At least I'll still have my 15g cube http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8370 :biggrin:

Thanks,
Evan

Canadian Man
04-30-2004, 06:35 AM
If you do part it out do I get first dibs as I was first to post :biggrin:

AJ_77
04-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Dibs, hah... he had 12 private msgs before you even read his post.

:biggrin:

ldzielak
04-30-2004, 07:10 PM
If the lights are not spoken for I could use bulbs, ballasts reflectors...

Lee

eposer
05-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Here is a more detailed description of the tank, stand, and lighting fascia...

The tank is all 1/2" glass with a starphire front pane. Dimensions are approx 5' wide 2' deep and 3' from the front to the back of far back of the overflow. All the glass is beveled and polished and there is a 3" euro brace across the front and 11" triangles in the front corners. All excess silicone has been shaved away leaving clean crisp seams(took about 5hrs to do this! but was worth it for the look). There are 2 1.5" overflows(one running at full throttle with a ball valve and the other as abackup) in the rear triangular overflow box and a 1.5" return pipe that splits into a Y and runs along the rear sides of the tank with 3 3/4" adjustable returns on each side.

The stand is primarily 3/4" MDF with a 1" X 2" steel beam across the front so that when the doors are open there is no center brace allowing for full access to under the stand. The inside is painted with black marine epoxy to seal it and the outside is finished in black formica with a slight leather texture and stainless steel handles. I used 170 degree hinges on the doors so they open all the way out. there are sprung magnetic latches holding the doors closed so with the push of a finger they pop open.

The top facia is an MDF frame with a 1/8" hardboard skin and the same black finish as the stand. It has a lip that rests on the eurobracing and extends down 3/4" in front of the tank to hide the seam of the bracing and the waterline.

I will post more details on equipment and livestock later.

Thanks,
Evan

SuperFudge
05-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Hello evan,

If u decide to part it out, can you place me down for the Octopus ?

Thanx, Marc.

eposer
05-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Here are some quick movies I just took this morning. The lights had only been on for about 5 minutes so not everything's fully open but you'll get a general overview of the tank contents.

Relatively large movie files that require the quicktime player to view...

http://www.curecreative.com/pics/120forsale/tank_01.MOV ~18MB

http://www.curecreative.com/pics/120forsale/tank_02.MOV ~18MB

Evan.

victornguyen
05-06-2004, 04:32 PM
would you sell the tank and stand by itself?? if so how much.

eposer
05-09-2004, 06:33 PM
The entire system is sold.

Thanks,
Evan.

Stretch
05-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Wow Congrats :cool:

AJ_77
05-09-2004, 06:47 PM
The entire system is sold.
Thanks,
Evan.

:eek: there you go! anyone we know?

ABreefkpr
05-10-2004, 12:26 AM
I couldn't resist a sweet deal like that. Evan did a great job on the whole system. The tank is set up and running in my basement. I just need about 10 gallons of RO and some aqua-scaping and all is good. I've wanted a SPS system for awhile and this ones the best. :biggrin:

Thanks Evan

Keith

EmilyB
05-10-2004, 01:15 AM
Way to score Keith :cool: :mrgreen:

kuatto
05-10-2004, 01:22 AM
Nice buy :cool:
I definitly gotta come by for a visit.

Jim

Bob I
05-10-2004, 01:34 AM