PDA

View Full Version : Zoa/Paly growth tips?

MrTreat
11-26-2012, 02:47 AM
Hey,
Just wondering if I could get some secret tips on getting my zoas to propagate faster. I've had a stubborn frag and I'd really like it to cover the rock I have it on. Right now, I have it sitting mid tank, no shade, and fairly light flow. Should I move it to high flow? I haven't done any real focus feeding either... Think that would help?

subman
11-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Feeding will help for sure. I have found zoas will grow in spurts......nothing for months then boom lots if new growth.

Zoaelite
11-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Only certain zoa species will accept prepared food, do you have a trade name or picture of the polyp in question?

MrTreat
11-26-2012, 03:14 AM

sorry about the crappy pic ...had to crop and lower the quality. I have reached my data "quota"? I deleted one from anothe post just so I could get this in lol.

On another note, do we get more room daily, weekly, or ever?

Zoaelite
11-26-2012, 04:04 AM
Its kind of hard to tell from the picture but is the frag plug raised with an overhang over the rock? I find the coenchyme will not grow in this scenario, instead a flat surface is required where light can hit it promoting growth.

They are eagle eyes/ whammin water melons, a species that traditionally will not accept food.

MrTreat
11-26-2012, 04:55 AM
Not too sure how to describe it... The plug is in a hole/crack in the rock. It's sitting slightly diagonal right now. The rock, on the right, is a straight up face. Should I try to have the plug sitting perfectly flat? Or more flat to the rock surface? It gets full light right now...not shaded at all. This rock is barren so I was trying to let them have free roam of it. Maybe I should move them to a different rock?

PS thanks for IDing them

MrTreat
11-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Zoaelite,
I cant post any more pics for some reason... heres a quick vid I shot to show you the angles. Thanks for your help!

http://youtu.be/3CUCYPDc0n8