PDA

View Full Version : Did i kill my Torch Coral??

MrTreat
11-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Hello all!
My very first post will be of me begging for help lol.

Ok, here's the back story...
My LFS got in some nice "green" frogspawn and torch frags on a Saturday. I put one of them on hold that night and decided to buy it the next morning. I normally would've waited a few days but torches go fast here and I've been waiting a while :sad: ...I didn't get to see the coral open before I bought it.
Something came up and I had to rush the acclimation process, I think I stressed it out ...I'm really worried that I will be stuck with a bleached out looking torch instead of the nice "green" one that I wanted.

Pic 1 is at early morning (looks like a little bit of green color at the base)
Pic 2 is full extention

PS I have a Hammer Coral sitting mid tank and it it doing amazing. It's been thriving in the tank for about 4 months.

Thanks for your help!!

Aquattro
11-25-2012, 01:35 AM
I think it'll be fine, it might not have had a good first day, but it looks fine. Give it a bit of food and that should help it out.

MrTreat
11-25-2012, 02:19 AM
...it's been almost a week. I'll try to do some direct feeding though. I'm happy that it is still opening up all the way.

Thanks for your help!

subman
11-25-2012, 03:25 AM
What lights do you have?

It looks good to me definitely not dead, some target feeding will help for sure.

MrTreat
11-25-2012, 04:01 AM
I have 3ft High Output T5s (1 actinic and 1 10,000k). Like I said, my Hammer is doing great. I was just told that this was a "green" torch. It looked metallic green all closed up but open it is a washed out color

mrhasan
11-25-2012, 04:03 AM
I have 3ft High Output T5s (1 actinic and 1 10,000k). Like I said, my Hammer is doing great. I was just told that this was a "green" torch. It looked metallic green all closed up but open it is a washed out color

I think its just the light. My hammers are green when they are closed up but its washed out when they are open. Same case :P

MrTreat
11-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Hmmm... The HOT5s have been doing well with all my other corals. Here's my hammer (nice pink w/ neon tips)...

MrTreat
11-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Depressed because I really wanted a nice green torch, and then I was gonna look for a nice purple one too. ...didn't want a washed out "bleached" looking torch lol

daniella3d
11-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Looks great to me. Very healthy.

MrTreat
11-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone! I was afraid that I killed it lol.

Kgrizzle
11-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Looks good to me... Here's my torch looks very similar http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/26/mubavyse.jpg

I keep it in low mid tank in high flow ... Seems to love it

Also my hammer I just moved to upper mid tank and has bloomed 10x

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/26/ajuvu3a7.jpg

MrTreat
11-26-2012, 12:53 AM
I'm a little choked that they listed it as a "green" torch though. Guess it's my fault for buying it without waiting to see it fully open. I'll try and move some stuff around and get it higher up in the tank. Maybe it will gain some coloring ...I'm starting to get used to the color.

Aquattro
11-26-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm a little choked that they listed it as a "green" torch though. Guess it's my fault for buying it without waiting to see it fully open. I'll try and move some stuff around and get it higher up in the tank. Maybe it will gain some coloring ...I'm starting to get used to the color.
Well, it does look like a green torch to me. The tissue, once expanded, will always appear more translucent than when retracted, which is why it looked more green closed up.

Kgrizzle
11-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Is the colour base on the tips? Or the tentacle colour itself?