PDA

View Full Version : Apex jr with vdm or tunze 7096

windcoast reefs
11-25-2012, 12:41 AM
Hey everyone!

Im in the middle of trying to decide how I am going to automate my tank. I would like to start with making a wave in my tank with my 2 tunze 6055's. Now i've read allot about the simplicity of the tunze 7096 and the ability to create a wave and different storm cycles, but I also like the web access of the apex jr.

My big question is, can I still have the same ability to make a wave with the apex jr and a vdm module as I do with the tunze 7096?

Aquattro
11-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Yes, in fact the Apex gives you more control. The VDM also runs AI lights.
If you're not using AI, then the Apex full supports Tunze without the VDM.

windcoast reefs
11-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Oh okay so the jr requires the vdm but the full apex does not?

Aquattro
11-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Right. The VDM is mostly for the AI Sols, plus it allows more Tunzes. I run my main pumps from the base unit and the others off the VDM, since I have it anyway for the lights.

windcoast reefs
11-25-2012, 01:45 AM
Good to know, I think for now ill just do the vdm and the jr since te full is a few hundred more than I want to spend!

Aquattro
11-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Think hard on that, the Jr. limits you a bit, and to over come those limits will cost money. Jr plus VDM is not too much cheaper than the full unit, couple hundred...worth waiting IMO.

windcoast reefs
11-25-2012, 01:53 AM
Think hard on that, the Jr. limits you a bit, and to over come those limits will cost money. Jr plus VDM is not too much cheaper than the full unit, couple hundred...worth waiting IMO.

Yeah I guess I never really considered the cost of the vdm, I guess I have some thinking to do