PDA

View Full Version : RBTA Craziness!

halwake
11-24-2012, 09:09 PM
About a month and a half ago we purchase a nice rose bubble tip anemone. The clowns took to it immediatly and it did absolutly great for a few weeks. Then one morning it started to wander to the back of the tank. A day or two later I could not find it at all in the tank. I assumed it had died and disolved and immediatly did a partial water change a couple times over the next few days. A white marble sized chuck circulated around the tank and I scooped it up with a net assuming this was what was left of my anemone. Tank parameters were good with the water changes but I was bummed about losing the anemone, kids loved to see the clowns interact with it. Two week ago I ordered a new one from JL. Turned out to be a great neon pink speckled bubble tip. It has been doing great and after the first week it started hosting one of the clowns. This morning I went to clean out my fluval 305 and when I pulled out the side sponge cartridge I found a pink blob about the size of a loonie attached to the plastic next to the sponge. I immediatly thought that was where the rest of the original anemone was, then I noticed it move. I put it carefully in a bucket of tank water and slowly acclimitized it to light. Amazingly it started to open up. I left it in the bucket under normal light and then re-introduced it to my main tank making sure it took hold of the rock. Now about 4 hour later it moved and opened up more. I am amazed he survived in the filter in complete darkness that long, guessing 3 weeks. He would have food particles coming in through the intake, and we only run the sponge prefilter and live rock. The original must have moved to split, then the clone got sucked into the filter intake and attached itself in the filter. I can't believe that it could have fit through the strainer of the fluval and survived, but I guess they really are almost all water. Now I guess I have another reason to upgrade to a new bigger tank, he, he.