PDA

View Full Version : Help

Cal_stir
11-23-2012, 09:30 PM
My golden flasher wrasse has some white fungi looking patches all over his body.
I've upped the garlic and selcon, he's eating and swimming, fins aren't clamped, all other fish are fine.
At first I thought it was an injury but it seems to be spreading.
Any ideas.

kien
11-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Sounds like maybe Lymphocystis. I had that once. Try googling it and see if its what you fish has. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lymphocystis

In the end my fish recovered from it in a hospital tank with some TLC.

Reefie
11-25-2012, 08:01 AM
It could also be fin rot, which is due to poor water conditions. My Flame Wrasse had a bit of that when I neglected my usual WC schedule. Try doing a 30% to 50% WC and then feeding with vitamin enriched foods?

daniella3d
11-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Was there anything added recently? how long do you have this wrasse?

It could be anything really, from marine velvet to a bacterial infection. Hard to say without photo and without knowing when was the last addition to the tank.

Cal_stir
11-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Sounds like maybe Lymphocystis. I had that once. Try googling it and see if its what you fish has. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lymphocystis

Looks more like a film like petroleum jelly.

In the end my fish recovered from it in a hospital tank with some TLC.

Can't catch him but he seems to be recovering

Cal_stir
11-25-2012, 09:59 PM
It could also be fin rot, which is due to poor water conditions. My Flame Wrasse had a bit of that when I neglected my usual WC schedule. Try doing a 30% to 50% WC and then feeding with vitamin enriched foods?

My water quality is pristine and I enrich my foods with selcon, garlic and dose vitamin c weekly. I think my yellow tang has been stressing him out lately.

Cal_stir
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Was there anything added recently? how long do you have this wrasse?

Nothing has changed for months, I've had the wrasse @ 2 years, haven't added fish for over a year, all other fish are OK

It could be anything really, from marine velvet to a bacterial infection. Hard to say without photo and without knowing when was the last addition to the tank.
I'm trying to get a decent photo, my son has an Iphone 5, waiting for him to come over. Takes better pics than my DSLR.