PDA

View Full Version : Indo Pacific Sea Farms

marineman41
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Has anyone in Canada here got their hands on any of the critters and algae Indo Pacific Sea Farms sells?
I sent an email over there yesterday and they do not ship to Canada but they told me a lot of Canadians ship to an American address and then resend to up to Canada.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Is their a Canadian alternative to ipsf.com?
Thanks for your time!

ferret
11-19-2012, 05:28 PM
That's exactly what I have been considering recently! I want to order some macro algae from the suppliers at US ( knowing that none of the American supplier will entertain any oversea order ). I can request the order to be delivered to my friend located at Seattle and do the the pick up once it arrives. But the problem is my friend is not running a saltwater system and I need to check & figure out how to explain to the customs. Since the weather is getting cold, I postpone my plan till next summer.

msjboy
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM
These places have nice macroalgae too http://www.lareefs.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1,
http://live-plants.com. Would love to have some but
But customs canada probably won't like it either unless you get special papers like for corals ( remember milfoil.... it's now in our lakes and anything water/tropical, they have a hard look at it). You can call customs canada I guess to see if it is ok to bring a small bundle of it across the border yourself I guess.

msjboy

FitoPharmer
11-19-2012, 06:02 PM
IMO, alot of what that site sells is a huge rip off. You will after a year of buying corals have what they sell and more come into your tank for free.

Here is a ROFLOCOPTER for most reefers:
6 Baby Bristle Worms™ for only $19.95.!!!!!!
Iv heard the saying if I had a nickel for every bristle worm, but not $3.32 :mrgreen:

The only thing I would buy there is snails since even their algae seems rather over priced. The best place to get a macro algae pack is from another reef keeper either in your town, or I have had macro shipped across the country. Ask around and you should find lots of great stuff.

Seriak
11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Here is a ROFLOCOPTER for most reefers:
6 Baby Bristle Worms™ for only $19.95.!!!!!!
Iv heard the saying if I had a nickel for every bristle worm, but not $3.32 :mrgreen:

What! I just threw flushed $20 down the drain. You have to be joking!

FitoPharmer
11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Only if you have verification they are 100% captive bred :P

lastlight
11-19-2012, 08:01 PM
IMO, alot of what that site sells is a huge rip off.

after a quick rip through their site i really regret tossing out my old sand from the 400 gallon and wiping the algae out of the sump. there was likely more than a hundred grand worth of pods, stars and worms in there.

Northernseacorals
11-19-2012, 08:10 PM

I cannot believe you would flush the best cleanup crew down the tube.

marineman41
11-19-2012, 08:30 PM
thanks for the input!

Seriak
11-19-2012, 08:36 PM
I cannot believe you would flush the best cleanup crew down the tube.

Oh don't get me wrong. I love bristle worms. Just everything in moderation.

Northernseacorals
11-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh don't get me wrong. I love bristle worms. Just everything in moderation.

I suppose eh :mrgreen: