PDA

View Full Version : Biocube 29 or RSM 34

darb
11-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I am torn between the Biocube 29 and RSM 34 and need help deciding ...

I plan to upgrade to LED lighting, say from modular LED.

Any help to sway me to one or the other?

Bblinks
11-17-2012, 06:47 PM
I have a rsm 250 white almost brand new for sale....

darb
11-17-2012, 06:51 PM
thanks, but it is a space thing, I would have to cut it in half ...

I have a rsm 250 white almost brand new for sale....

Mike-fish
11-17-2012, 11:18 PM
i have both and both well built tanks. the biocube skimmer is a piece of junk never has really pulled any thing out of the water and you keep having to replace the air stone in it about once a month (last i checked it only comes standard with the hqi model) the skimmer on the rsm 130 works great and once dialed in is very low maintenance just clean out the collection cup as needed its a little noisy as well. one feature i like about the rsm is it has integrated electrical runs and has an awesome individually switched and labeled power bar for all the stock systems. while the biocube doesn't just a hole in the back to route out the power cords leaving you with a big mess of wires behind the tank. depending on the model of the biocube it may have a rufugium chamber. the pumps in the rsm seem to be less reliable and rather finicky. myself i find the rsm a bit better in some aspects but lacking in others and overpriced as well unless they dropped the price on them.

darb
11-20-2012, 02:01 AM
actually the JBJ 30 rimless (http://www.jbjlighting.com/images/NanocubeRL_flyer.jpg) has caught my eye now ...

problem is that I can't find a retailer in the GVRD.

Mike-fish
11-20-2012, 02:35 AM
If you have a big Al's out there they can probably get one in for you. Some other places might be able to special order it for you as well