PDA

View Full Version : LF - Naso Tang, Large Carpet or Bubble Anemone, Achilles tang, gobies, clown, edm

newhobbyist
11-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Looking for;
Naso Tang, Large Carpet or Bubble Anemone, Achilles tang, gobies, clown (percula or oscelaris), polyp., large zoa colony, etc. edm
Larger the better! Trying to stock a 400 G

The Grizz
11-15-2012, 11:03 PM
David at Aquagiant can order the Achillies tang for you. He is going to get me one when my 300 is ready & had one in the store a few weeks back that looked awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grizz
11-16-2012, 03:43 AM
Must also add ( after an ear full from a friend :razz:) also check with Harvey at Marine Aquaria, they do orders often & great to deal with.

Mike-fish
11-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Talk to Steve at red coral he should be able to get them in for you

noirsphynx
11-16-2012, 01:54 PM
some large green carpets came in last night at Aquarium Illusions

subman
11-16-2012, 02:41 PM
And don't forget to check with Ken at BWA :biggrin:

SanguinesDream
11-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Best place for a bubble tip is at Aquarium Illusions, for a carpet (maxi-minis) is Aquarium Central @$5 more expensive than AI but a better selection and I got a nice zoa colony at AquaGiant but had to dip it several times.

SanguinesDream
11-16-2012, 06:42 PM
some large green carpets came in last night at Aquarium Illusions

True dat! Actually just bought a great lime green and yellow carpet there last week.

newhobbyist
11-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Thank You for all the advice everybody!!!!
One question though... Do any of you worry about diseases or parasites when buying from Aqua Giant. Or even aptasia. I've seen an entire tank crash from an aptasia outbreak in an aggressive tank where you couldn't add aptasia eaters without themselves becoming food. All stemming from 1 coral with a tiny piece of aptasia that was supposed zapped first.

Aquattro
11-16-2012, 07:53 PM
One question though... Do any of you worry about diseases or parasites when buying from Aqua Giant..

Honestly, they get their fish from the same ocean as every other LFS. And yes, you should be worried about disease and parasites. Any fish in any store is susceptible to this and can wipe out your tank.

subman
11-16-2012, 08:05 PM
You WILL get Aiptasia its keeping it under control

SanguinesDream
11-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Thank You for all the advice everybody!!!!
One question though... Do any of you worry about diseases or parasites when buying from Aqua Giant. Or even aptasia. I've seen an entire tank crash from an aptasia outbreak in an aggressive tank where you couldn't add aptasia eaters without themselves becoming food. All stemming from 1 coral with a tiny piece of aptasia that was supposed zapped first.

Very much so. That is why I double dipped them and then dipped them again. I keep a close eye on that zoa I got from Aquagiant and any issues, I dip it again.

I bought a bubble coral from there that had a couple of bubbles of bubble algae attached. I scraped and dipped and directed my emerald crab to that direction and so far, knock on wood, no bubble algae.

fishoholic
11-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Must also add ( after an ear full from a friend :razz:) also check with Harvey at Marine Aquaria, they do orders often & great to deal with.

One question though... Do any of you worry about diseases or parasites when buying from Aqua Giant.

Yep and then some, hence the earful I gave Grizz. Aqua Giant is the one store I avoid. I hear they are trying to make improvements for the better (like a separate QT system) but I've been hearing that for over a year now and it remains to be seen. Admittedly I don't go there often and it was last summer when I last went, and I hear the QT tanks got set up more recently then that. I check in once in awhile hoping for improvements but every time I've gone there I haven't see any. Not to say other stores don't get disease or have issues, I just find its more often and not properly dealt with at A.G.

The Grizz
11-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Yep and then some, hence the earful I gave Grizz. Aqua Giant is the one store I avoid. I hear they are trying to make improvements for the better (like a separate QT system) but I've been hearing that for over a year now and it remains to be seen. Admittedly I don't go there often and it was last summer when I last went, and I hear the QT tanks got set up more recently then that. I check in once in awhile hoping for improvements but every time I've gone there I haven't see any. Not to say other stores don't get disease or have issues, I just find its more often and not properly dealt with at A.G.

But I have received bug infested corals / clams and diseased fish from what is supposed to be one of the better stores in Edmonton, no names mentioned but I will never walk through there doors ever again for any reason.

So really its a crap shoot no matter where you go as far as I am concerned. Go where you want to go and take your chances, after all its your money not ours. Thats what I do, please myself and no one else.

iceman86
11-19-2012, 01:25 AM
ive purchased stuff from all stores in Edmonton. You tend to hear alot of bad stuff about aqua giant and most of it is true because as soon as you walk in the parasites are in plain site, but thats not to say that other stores dont have them too becuase ive seen them lots at other reputable stores and brought some home too. Aqua giant tends to have better pricing on everything too and they have also been getting in a lot of selection too. I dont trust any store anymore, i dip and redip everything before putting it in.I would just stay away from their asian market hardware. when i first got into the hobby i bought most of my hardware from there and every single item has crappped out lol. I guess you get what u pay for....