PDA

View Full Version : Any marine stores in Prince George?

SanguinesDream
11-15-2012, 03:34 AM
On a move from Edmonton, I lost all of my livestock (still trying to salvage my inverts, corals, etc) and I am looking to replace the fish that died.:cry:

I'm north of Prince and would like to know if there is anything in Northern BC. Thanks in advance.

Dearth
11-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Only store to carry anything with salt water is total pet and I don't recommend buying from there unless your desparate as it is poorly stocked and over priced and loaded with aptasia.

There are some serious SW guys in Prince that might be able to help you out with some stuff that are on this site

Other than that its either ordering from Vancouver or Edmonton

1eyedjyde
11-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Dearth's description of TP here in town is pretty accurate, there is however quite a bit in terms of coral frags in town from local reefers. The majority of people end up ordering from JL or bringing stuff back from Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.

whatcaneyedo
11-15-2012, 07:58 AM
At least the aptasia look healthy. All of those skinny looking cleaner wrasses are what bother me the most.

But if you make enough noise its usually pretty easy to find a few people willing to take part in a group order from out of town.

SanguinesDream
11-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Aww comeon now, who doesn't like a little aptasia infesting their tanks?!?:razz:

Ugh, that is what I figured. Thanks for your input. It saved me a trip to Prince.

I'll be in Edmonton in a month so, I guess, I'll have to wait until then to purchase some fish.