PDA

View Full Version : Web site - first run

Nemain
04-26-2004, 08:36 PM
i didnt get permision to use the links yet, just put them up for show. I am sure it will be fine for the time being.

Let me know what you think.

http://members.shaw.ca/edmontonreefs/

Quinn
04-26-2004, 09:06 PM
The colours are better. You're using a few seperate fonts there in the body and links - it would be nice to use one consistent font. The title image is stretched on my screen, I don't know if this is because the image dimensions are a relative value (%) or if it was stretched when you were working on it in Photoshop. I can still try to put something together for a logo if you like.

Nemain
04-26-2004, 09:08 PM
I just stretched it, I figured you were working ont he logo =)

As for the fonts, they should all be the same, they have 3 choices... maybe i didnt list them all in the same order, i will check that fer sure.

you need to change your sig Quinn, every time i read it I think of Crime and punishment :P

Beth

Beverly
04-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Looks good so far, Beth.

I agree with Quinn that the stretched logo looks a little off and using the same fonts would look nicer.

Quinn, take a crack at the logo.

Nemain
04-26-2004, 09:34 PM
I cant see where the fonts are different - as much as I like sifting through pages of HTML, can you tell me the ones that are in question?

To me they are all the same font o_O

Thanks,

Beth

Beverly
04-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Beth,

The font for the Logo and the font for What's New are different from each other. I think they should be the same, but that's my preference. Also, Links and the corresponding Sites of Interest are different. Probably just change Sites of Interest to the same as all the others.

Nemain
04-26-2004, 09:47 PM
Actually they are the same font, one is just in Bold - strong to be exact.

Maybe your computer is reading it differently.. odd, all the fonts are listed in the same order ont he HTML so it shoudltn matter.

I will play with it and see what happens.

As for the Logo, I totally disagree, I think the font should be different. Its not a title, its a logo.

But again, that is a difference in oppinion, what everyone wants is what goes up =)

Beth

Quinn
04-26-2004, 11:13 PM
On my computer "sites of interest" is in Times New Roman while everything else is Arial. I checked the code and there is no reference to TNR so I'm not sure why it would all be Arial. Are you using a WYSIWYG editor or are you coding by hand?

I won't use Arial for the logo font, just because it's a content font and not a title font as such, and two fonts on the page will be fine. I just don't like it when people alternate between fonts within types of content. The bolding is fine by me as well.

I will work on the logo as soon as I get back from my barbecue. :smile:

Beth, I really like the quotation but I can try to find another for you if you want. I think Doug thought up a good one for me on Saturday but I can't remember it now. Maybe he'll pipe up.

Bob I
04-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Beth, I really like the quotation but I can try to find another for you if you want. I think Doug thought up a good one for me on Saturday but I can't remember it now. Maybe he'll pipe up.

I thought I heard what it was. Did it not have to do with the relative value of Engineers :question:

Nemain
04-27-2004, 01:19 AM
I was just teasing with you Quinn, I just find it funny. My mind is a dangerous dark hole sometimes.

I am hard coding it, cant you tell! WYSIWYG is not nearly that messy and wrong =)

I am not sure why it would take TNR. Seems very bizaire =( Tommorow I will re read the code and see if I have it somewhere in there, though I dont know how, I never use it - such an ugly font.

Bob - that would be silly quote, everyone knows engineers dont have a use =)

Beth