PDA

View Full Version : There is no hair algae in Red Deer area

naesco
11-12-2012, 11:16 PM
It would appear so.
But if there is will someone who has lots please contact this reefer who has a sea hare to solve your problem quickly. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91398

Remember to:

1. Very slowly acclimate the sea hair to the temperature salinity and PH of your tank AND

2. Post that the sea hare is available when almost all of the algae is gone or the sea hare will starve to death and pollute your tank.

Wayne

The Grizz
11-13-2012, 12:46 AM
None for me in a very long time & some great tips there.

Not having a SW store here makes the population of SW keeper in Red Deer very unaware of CanReef. Only way I found out about it was in Calgary at one of the LFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NaCl H2O
11-13-2012, 01:05 AM
I battled hair algae for 8 mnths and finally won. Have you tried peroxide dosing your tank?

naesco
11-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Thanks for that Grizz

But it looks like an hour and a half from Edmonton or Calgary.

I am surprised that no one is interested.

Read almost daily of algae problems and expensive solutions or endless water changes and a sea hare that does the job for free is not picked up immediately

Nano
11-13-2012, 01:06 AM
I am but I doubt I'd keep it more then a week. Probably best for it to go to a larger system.

naesco
11-13-2012, 01:11 AM
I am but I doubt I'd keep it more then a week. Probably best for it to go to a larger system.

You are 100% right The sea hare will mow down the algae you appear to have in a couple of days.

naesco
11-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I forgot to add

Any B.C. would jump at the chance to pick this this sea hare..

So, you Alberta gals/guys PM or reply to this post http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=91398 get in your truck and pick it up for the sake of your tank and the sea hare, eh!

MitchM
11-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Wayne. I sent him a PM.

Mitch

naesco
11-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Wayne. I sent him a PM.

Mitch

Your welcome Mitch

Sea Hare are worth their weight in gold. They spend 24 hours munching down every

bit of hair algae and ask nothing in return other than when they are done with your tank you

pass them on to another reefer.

Thanks for saving her

The Grizz
11-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Thanks for that Grizz

But it looks like an hour and a half from Edmonton or Calgary.

you are correct but it's mostly Red Deer area peeps going north or south, not many coming here for items.

HL649
11-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Thank you Mitch and Naesco for helping me find a new home for the little guy. He more than doubled in size since I got him

Thanks again.